The Tides of History (an St/Sw cross over)

For stories, roleplaying, or any other creative literary projects.
sonofccn
Starship Captain

Re: The Tides of History (an St/Sw cross over)

Post by sonofccn » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:45 pm

Admiral Breetai wrote:damn that's good..can I borrow it? you gave me some ideas
Take it if you want it.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:56 am

sonofccn wrote:
Admiral Breetai wrote:damn that's good..can I borrow it? you gave me some ideas
Take it if you want it.
why thank you hopefully you'll like it's use.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:16 am

new chapter out, politicking and licking wounds also some exchange of information..not allot of fighting but setting up for the battles to come The Dominions trying to put political officers in rebel controlled space and pass them off as "trade officers and ambassadors" .. it gets dicey at the end though bonus points to any one who can pick out which horror flims I shouted out too

Red Dawn allied occupied star base six days post invasion of the mid rim

“I don’t understand, if we engage them at bright jewel we will suffer brutal losses!! Losses we can’t at present easily replenish we’d be at a critical disadvantage and with the loss of such numbers we’d have to fall back to the more easily defended areas we’d loose dozens of sectors!” one Vorta stammered out
Another observed the size of the fleet at Bright Jewel silently “there seem to be many variants of this “star destroyer “ class all of them immense hulking forms with a great many weapons” he remarked “the minor craft are numerous but inconsequential if we could out fit our vessels with subspace weaponry”

“I’ve already begun retrofitting many of our cruisers for that as well as the smaller craft” Vi’retess said rising he walked towards a Galactic map “gentlemen we do have a ketracel white problem, while we still have a stock pile of supplies from the home galaxy our production facilities here are at a level currently in which they could only feed half our current number of troops” he old Vorta began “the conquest of those new sectors will soon amend that problem of course and all I need to do is buy time and shall we say deplete the number of mouths to feed” he tapped his chin “I think the sacrifice of three million Jem’Hadar ought to lighten our burden and extent our inventory considerably” he remarked

All of them shifted “we’ll need more then that to hold bright jewel effectively and to crush the military elements there we’d loose far more than that!” another interjected before pausing “oh wait a minute” he said “I think I understand”

Vi’retess nodded “they learn the young ones” he laughed gesturing to a holographic display “The Empire is playing a game of deception with us, offering us a valuably and obvious target while obscuring the true head of the region” he said the map of the galaxy zoomed up to three sectors “one of these three are going to be the new capital and head quarters of the empires offensive in the mid rims” he said “Jewel is a glorified well dressed consolation prize” he said coldly “but we can afford to take the bait” he remarked
“What do you mean?” another asked curiously “the empire has not attempted any offenses, at first I thought it was because they were buying time for their industry to start really generating ships and the like, and while that’s certainly a priority every loss they have taken so far has merited only a token response to shore up their defenses and probe us” he said calmly “outside of a few instances”

“Hmm you’re right that does make little sense” another said calmly “simply put gentlemen they’re planning something” Vi’retess said his voice full of conviction “what is your belief Vi’retess” another asked The old Vorta gestured to the holographic map a remote sector appeared a system and a planet with a forest moon “observe” he said calmly “from what we’ve been able to tell the system is full of thousands of starships newly constructed some old and others put out of moth balls! The sheer amount of construction vessels and material that has pored into that system is sickening to think of “he said calmly “they’re building something gargantuan”

They all shifted looking around; every one had seen the rebel files on the battle of Yavin the monster space station and none wanted to believe it. Sure the power to pulverize a planet wasn’t impressive by the Dominions standards they’d engaged in battles with enemies who had leveled entire sectors out of spite rather then turning them over to Dominion hands in the early days of the Gama quadrant empire but the ability to deploy a moon sized armored and armed siege engine that could with help engage fleets and lay waste to planets represented a threat the Dominion did not want to deal with until Leviathan was operational

“It’s possible they’re building another to send against our fleets” He said calmly every one thought about that before stiffening slightly “then our mission is clear! We should halt the invasions all together and concentrate a huge force at Endor! Destroy this construction site or better yet annihilate its star!!”
“We will do nothing of the sort!” roared Vi’retess, he hated to admitted it but the ability to procure or produce Protomatter that was stable enough to use and deploy in weaponised form was far, far harder and time consuming then it was for the Federation replicating it was dangerous exhausted energy and in large quantities it was worth a dozen battleships. “no we will keep those weapons close to the vest” he remarked calmly “besides it would be incredibly foolish to tip the empires hand here” he said firmly “no I think I will wait, it’s far easier to simply play along and then allow that monster their building to move along in the open let it engage us on our terms, no I intend to solve two problems with one battle” he remarked “we’ll fight the empire hard cost them a great deal of ships then fall back to the Chomell sector it will free us of our White issues for the time being and let them go on the offensive” he said coldly “on our terms” he added viciously ‘when they move to retake Naboo we’ll take measure of our imperial enemies” “simply put I want them in our turf “

They all nodded “we’ll double up efforts on the white production facilities and our shipyards then and prepare for the storm” they remarked

“Excellent” he said calmly “also is Phanous ready?” he asked they all nodded “all essential personal evacuated our defense fleets and warships have moved to a neighboring sector they’re a five minute slip jump away”

“Good” he said “prepare to render aid as soon as it’s over, we can’t have our puppets being left to fend for themselves and grow unhappy” ‘meeting adjourned”

Coruscant same time

Admiral Grant set some ale down as he watched servants clear away his meal idly content that for now at least the people of the capital still knew their place. His eyes were drawn to the window noticing a series of “demonstrations” outside many residents had desired to join up after the invasion of the mid rim, humans had their priorities straight and nothing validated this more then when over two dozen sectors had fallen and the response was mass humanocentric protests and requests to join the imperial armed forces overwhelming recruiters, oh sure the rebellion was gaining ground along the same lines with many people who had previously been unwilling to commit finding the sudden bravery when faced with the backing of powerful new guns.

Though he would never admit it he did indeed respect the original generals and admirals who had defecting to the rebel alliance they at the very least had the conviction to make a stand despite the gravity of the situation and the bleakness of the odds. Valiant to the last Grant could grudge them not for that even if their loyalty was ultimately misplaced. His mind drifted back to reality when the chime of the com systems told him Grand Admirals Guylos Grand Admiral Synn where entering the facility. Synn was a some what flabby man with a very strong dedication to the empire a former pacifist who had found faith in unquestioning order he threw himself into service of the empire to fill a spiritual void left over in his soul, such an ignoble reason Grant thought to himself

All three men made their seat as a holographic image of Admiral Antarez face appeared “Grand Admirals” he began “I just received word from the Hune Sector from, General Briggs and a newly reactivated General Rainor” he remarked All three men exchanged looks and nodded Guylos smiled “excellent” he said “we could use all the experience we can get, tell me what of the fight there?” he asked “sir they have something to say and I think you should hear it, we’re serving as a method to enhance the signal but their equipment if patched together “ “ah very well then” Guylos ordered Synn and Grant moved closer eying the holographic figure that cropped up “Grand Admiral Guylos, Grant and Synn it’s an honor “ a dirty tired figure sweat and ash covered said eying them all with an intense look. “We have some urgent information about the Dominion “ he said “our men did an autopsy on a Jem’Hadar shock troop” he began “they’re manufactured sir a mass produced species bread to fight that does not need sleep sex or food” he remarked all three admirals frowned at this, this was just great clone troops had a reputation for being a thousand times as effective as droids and a well earned one, to hear the enemy made use of a grand army of an entirely manufactured race “it gets better, the one we killed was only three days old they can grow them faster then we can train and equip troops” he remarked

“Tell us something even more cheery and morale lifting why don’t you!” Grant remarked sardonically “well sir that’s where it gets good” he remarked holding up a vile ‘this drug feeds their troops they are completely defenseless with out this their foot soldiers cannot survive” “how does this help us General Briggs” Synn interjected “the base chemicals and make up of this concoction can be found on moons and oceans through out this sector! Sir that’s why they have been assaulting all these other wise minor targets” “they’re setting up troop factories and crops for their drugs” Hissed Grant

“aye sir””and from the looks of how hard they are fighting here they need it pretty badly” he said with a smirk Guylos frowned at that leaning back in deep thought “I see” he remarked “very well hold the line General Briggs you’ve given me much to think about” “I will sir as long as I can, also be aware sir! The Dominion makes use of a type of shape shifter type creature a silicon based life form sir it’s able to take a whole wide range of forms, it took control of one of my men through smoke and infested him and wore him like a flesh puppet until he could massacre some of my troops”

They all eyed each other; this was very serious “are you certain? Can they mimic human form? ““Does not seem like completely sir” “then we have an advantage” he said “alright General good luck Guylos out!”

The holoscreen went silent the three Grand Admirals eyed each other intensely this information had confirmed what imperial intelligence and the grand inquisitors office had been speculating about now for some weeks. “suddenly those sectors become far more critical” Grant remarked Synn rose up “I’ll go” “no” he said ‘we should not draw attention to what we know” Guylos touched some key pads Admiral Antarez reappeared on screen “Grand Admirals what’s the word?” he asked the scarred admiral having put together what they had confirmed

“Take a fleet to Hune rescue those troops and blast anything of value to the Dominion to hell” he said

Years later in quiet reflection in his retirement estate a very ancient Guylos would regret his actions now attempting a scorched earth policy with the Dominion.

Hune Sector Same time

Dex made his way along the camp site patrolling the area for any signs of Dominion activity or what ever had massacred his men under Yun’s command. Near him was Yun released from the infirmary walking along side the older officer six storm troopers joined their group fanning out

“not a damn peep “ one remarked “I know Dominion troops must be getting hell in return for trying to take the south” one added Dex nodded “aye colonel Moxin commands there he’s a fierce son of a bitch” he said calmly “wouldn’t back down on Kashyyk aint backing down now against them Jemmies”

“Oh that reminds me you heard about them Generals of the Dominion? Those huge bastards heard they’re heavier and stronger than wookies” Dex laughed “ya well I heard Vinci took on the high General of the Dominion army and beat him all over Red Dawn”

“Vindiz is a tough bastard his commander General Jaxor too” one said Yun nodded “I heard he linked up with Grand Admiral Thanagar” ‘oh the “ram”?” the voice came from General Rainor who moved into view linking up with them he took point after they saluted him “why do they call him the ram?” one asked Dex shrugged “heard it’s cause he’s head first type of guy” Rainor laughed “during the Clone wars” he said calmly “Jan Dodona and General Yoda where trying frantically to lay siege to a separatist stronghold held by Count Dooku” he said calmly “the battle lasted about six weeks hundreds of clones died we lost dozens of ships, and Dooku managed to set up a sort of blockade around the planet a sort of ship sized network of orbital defenses made out of Nemoidian craft two young captains took charge at this point a young rich boy who came from House Guylos and commoner known for being brash and aggressive but determined. The two made a dynamic duo and under the kind of leadership that was open to them well they where unstoppable. Well these two thought up some attack on the fly and carried it out with out waiting for orders or anything he lead his victory and several Venators into battle around the enemy creating the illusion that the two great generals where gonna try and run the blockade at it’s central point and by dispatching the force around the on different flanks force vessels to divert. We didn’t know why they were fighting so hard for this area and Yoda and Dodona where about to give up “he said the hatred of the jedi master evident in his voice. “so they concentrated the bulk of their forces in the center facing directly at the main force and offered only a token resistance to Guylos, “ he laughed “Thanagar smashed through their south eastern flank directly on top of the planets South eastern and largest continent ramming through the blockade there and just unloading on the planet while simultaneously engaging the fleet in this incline position that made him look like a Alderanian mountain goat fighting a rival on the side of a mountain!” he grinned “they smashed up the defenses Dooku flees and they find out why they fought so hard for this world! Apparently they were trying to build some type of equipment for a planetary siege engine there, vast amounts of resources credits and droids had been moved there in secret. “ he shook his head “we all got promotions that day, Guylos made Commodore and Thanagar came along for the ride the two have been inseparable ever since” Rainor commented

“hah that’s cool to make an ally you can play off of well enough to make Grand Admiral” Dex said “well aint gonna happen to us eh General We’re all just ground pounders? “ one of the younger ones said laughing

Dex shrugged “I donno man I heard the Emperors been thinking of creating a Grand General title equal to a Grand Admiral or Supreme commander rank for the navy” “heard Either Guylos or Tarkin where gonna get the supreme commander rank” one chimed in “till Vader took it” “wonder what that pays” another mused

“not enough to deal with the politics and general garbage you deal with the higher your rank is” Rainor lamented every one laughed “this Grand General thing seems like “high Admirals and supreme commanders” all empty meaningless titles designed to toss more bureaucracy into the face of an operating military” Rainor remarked “I doubt during war time they’ll be instigating such a rank “

“You think so?” “Lord Vader is the emperor’s right hand chosen successor supposedly and supreme commander of the imperial fleet yes?” “Aye sir” “has he bothered to get in the way of the Grand Admirals administration of this war?” “No sir not that I know of” “exactly the old giant probably has some plan cooked up of course but he’s staying clear of the war effort at large” he said “still though a single Grand General to handle all the military might do well to keep those damn Grand Moff’s in line and keep the politicking in army in line”

“You think Briggs would get it sir?” Rainor shook his head “my guess with Tarkin dead Jaxor would be one of the top five contenders” he remarked “good pay no doubt but too much nonsense to deal with, he’ll likely refuse”

Ahead of them a few storm troopers got ready to settle in for the night as they were relieved for watch by a second group. Dex made his way towards his tent as Rainor and Yun headed for the command center. Briggs was there enjoying some fine liquor and was singing an old hymn from the clone wars and seemed generally in an over all better mood then he had of late. This was partially due to what Admiral Antarez had told him but also because he had found a rather gloriously large stash of fine alcohol and was presently making liberal use of it. Near him the little girl they had rescued earlier frolicked around with one of his men, her spirits had cheered considerably since the rescue. He saw Dex making his way towards him and handed him some of the fine spirits “report” “all in order sir” he said sitting down “not a peep out of the Dominion and we were able to make contact with some of the troops on the other side of the planet they have pulled back around a series of bases and have dug in” he remarked “a lull in the battle ‘ Briggs remarked eying her the little girl intensely ‘she’s cute as a button isn’t she?” “Oh yeah sir the perfect imperial mascot” Dex remarked in a flat voice devoid of amusement. “take a closer look kid” Briggs said Dex shrugged unsure of what the older general was saying but focused on her, she was friendly playful forgetting her sorrows and the horrors of war in amusement and distractions around her, dirty hungry but other wise very content. Almost too perfect all in all, he remembered when his daughters where that age and they hardly could carry themselves with such emotional mastery, yes it was possible they’d act the same way for their own emotional health but you would at least be able to see the stress and fatigue it would have been noticeable “she’s one of them?”

“likely the same one” Briggs said “very good impersonator but prolly a rookie honestly she it can’t contain the blood lust that lies just beneath the surface” he said calmly Dex nodded “yes I see it, from here it’s like she’s toying with him” he said “like many large carnivores do” Briggs nodded getting up “what do we do sir?” he asked “we wait fer’ the right moment then we kill ourselves a mythical shape shifter” he said walking off to get more ale

………..
….

Kairoptera two hours later.

Mon Mothma and several aids strolled along the corridors of what was known as the Palace of Light, the chief residence of the Vorta Overseer of this sector and Ambassador Viraz who seemed to serve as the chief political officer for all Rebel alliance related affairs. She had come to know and respect the powerful giant his dedication to his masters did not detract from his willingness to negotiate in terms that seemed favorable for the alliance. So far the Dominion had held true all they wanted was a seat in the eventual galactic senate and the right to pursue economic trade through out the galaxy, she had heard about the up coming battle of Bright Jewel and secretly worried, though the Dominion operatives in the area brokered no concern she secretly worried her new allies could survive such a brutal slugfest. “Where are we going Viraz?” she asked the giant grinned before pushing open several large doors, into a large well decorated grand hall of some sort. Large pillars stretched over a hundred feet up into the roof a cool gust of wind hit her as she entered this sacred hall, a myriad of different arts and sculptures adorned the room and various torch lights her eyes gestured to a vast ornate rug depicting an ancient battle of some sort in an ornate and handcrafted manner. Sunlight immediately in through the large windows at the end of the hall. She espied a series of hulking forms she had not seen in a long time. Venators and two Mandator class star dreadnaughts “what is this?” “do you like them?” the voice came from behind them she turned suddenly seeing a rug she had previously stepped on slowly rose from the floor gradually taking a different form , slowly an amber colored ooze replaced the beautiful tapestry before it slowly took the form of a simple old man or at least an approximation of it. Facial features stretched about almost unnaturally flat and smooth a greenish wardrobe that seemed to be comprised of the typical wares known to the galactic middle class appeared over his form. A smile came across his features “hello madam “ he said bowing lightly Mon Mothma breathed a sigh she had met the founder before a few times and the Ancient one always seemed to enjoy sneaking up on them like that “hello old one” she said in the same playful tone “you are restoring them for the war effort?”

“some of them to supplement Listari forces in this sector as much of their assets have been moved along with out fleet, but the bulk of it including the Mandator class vessels are yours” he remarked “we’ve upgraded the engines and shields and weapon ranges” he remarked “it should your precious Mon Calamari cruisers a good back up we have about eight more we’ll be restoring for your cause over the next four months” he said “your too kind” she said “no it’s good business “ he said calmly “out of most of the Sectors we’ve seized they have all requested political officers from the alliance to request membership” he said “six have chosen to apply for Dominion membership” he said providing her with a list, looking them over she realized most where back water sectors “very well then “ she said He nodded “and as to my request?” he asked “the petition for sectors to be assigned a Dominion liaison officer? It is being discussed as we speak” she said, personally she disliked the idea of a political office on Republic soil but she had been assured it would always be for trade and diplomatic purposes only their sincerity in the matter was not entirely false either, unknown to her that was all that was needed to gradually assume control over the Republic in the following century or so.

“it seems as though things are going to change for the better , oh I hear Vi’retess will get a chance to meet Luke Skywalker soon” he asked curiously she nodded “yes indeed he is a most remarkable young man” he said the changeling laughed “oh is that so? I find the vast majority of the youth today is remarkable” he said she grinned “much to our consternation of course” she joked both laughed as they eyed the construction.

Hune Sector

…….

Yun set his food down and took out a small capsule from a pocket on his utility belt needing to take the cellular regeneration stimulants several times a day to speed up his recovery. He felt strong and was glad for the medication but would have rather spent time in a Bacta tank healing time certainly seemed to pass quicker in the tank. He slid his helmet back on and started walking towards the old abandoned building when he looked down eying the little girl. She walked closer to him smiling “how are you feeling mister Yun?’ she asked sweetly ‘better kiddo” he said unconsciously running his hand over his side “what about you?” he asked “alright some times I think about those horrible dominion soldiers and I get scared but I’m okay” she said smiling Yun smiled under his mask and moved to part from of her auburn hair from her eyes when he heard the order shouted by Rainor “get back Yun now!” Yun instinctively jumped aside academy training kicking in he turned to see Rainor Briggs Dex and about twelve storm troopers slowly swarming his position pushing the little one back toward the building “sir?’ he asked Briggs brokered no explanation and Dex immediately opened fire hitting the girl in the chest and stomach and head an inhuman wailing noise could be heard as the side of her head seemed to blow open a stray blaster bolt igniting fire brain matter and a tiny body mixed with flames as what ever monstrous noises coming from the form of that small little girl became choked out by the roaring of the chemical fire.

Dustig Sector mid rim

Admiral Rygellian Antarez and four captains strolled along the shuttle bay entering a shuttle at the far end of the corner. “So the orders in then?” “oh yeah we’re going into battle “ he said “retaking Hune and holding it we need to figure out if half of what Briggs said was true” Antarez said firmly “and personally I’m sick of being on the defensive, personally I think it’s time to take the fight to the Dominion” he said firmly as the shuttle took off.

“Personally I agree” Captain Palvelli a younger command officer broke in “but we’ve seen time and time again our forces engage those ships and unless we commit ourselves in an almost suicidal frenzy halting the Dominions advance is nigh impossible we’d need a sizeable force or circumstance and while we could normally manage it our orders”

“I’m well aware of what our orders are how ever Turhain and his group have finally come through combined with the improvements Grand Admiral Seras made we have a unique luxury here gentlemen” he said gesturing to the window, over seven hundred old Venator class star destroyers and seventy two victories backed up by two dozen Tecto class star destroyers loomed into view some old Clone war era cruisers could be seen but what drew every ones attention was the slow moving giant that came into view, she was massive deep blue to gray long in the front and wide in the back the wedge like pattern typical of an ISD was greatly exaggerated with the front stretching out into the horizon seventeen kilometers in length she was wide built some what like an old wet navy heavy battle cruiser, every one seemed to hush a little “ladies and gentlemen meet the Silver Fist “ he said grinning “she’s a big heavy slow girl but she should smash Dominion lines up just fine” he remarked

“An actual super star destroyer?” “A guinea pig one so if she blows herself up we’re goin’out in the name of imperial research and development” Antarez said laughing “either way we get a chance to rough up Dominion ships I’m fine”

……………

Hune Sector several minutes later.

Briggs and Yun took point over the flaming remains of what was once an innocent child saved by imperial soldiers. “She was a shape shifter” Dex said Yun nodded “Thank you sir last thing I wanted was to be maimed again” he said as he kept his gun aimed at the fire.

It was then that a figure began to rise out of the flames undaunted by the fire the child rose in a creepy contorted fashion as though her body was guided like an old puppet, when she rose even the battle hardened officers flinched at her appearance, her heart had been torn out of the chest cavity by blaster fire and was half hanging loose cauterized, her head had been ripped wide open above her left eye, blood and brain matter seemed to cover her once flowery little dress, her body seemed to shift slowly as her body “repaired” herself she laughed coldly eying the solids intently “your all going to die here” she said laughing as she jerked forward one of her hand which turned into a long blade that tore open a storm trooper, Dex and the others began opening fire at her position which caused “it” to stumble back her form bursting into “flames” before seemingly vanishing into the other fires.

“Search the area” Briggs ordered looking around with his weapons Yun took point besides six Storm troopers as others began reinforcing them; he focused himself intently on his surroundings. Near Rainor a clone trooper suddenly clutched his mid section and began heaving and coughing violently before being brought to his knees he fell to the floor writhing and screaming as several troopers backed away from him, blood sprayed as his armor was torn open from within exposing his chest. Slowly the sound of chest bones breaking and choking could be heard as his skin and flesh warped revealing the face of the girl grinning hideously as a series of ‘’tri-clawed ” slashes tore open his mid section the creature slowly oozing out only to be met by weapons fire before it recoiled back into the lifeless body. This twisted then tore open as metallic spikes shot out impaling two troopers while others dodged. Slowly the little girl rose up from the bloody heap on the ground long metallic tendrils escaping form her exposed back connecting to writhing imperial troopers whom with a jerk she lifted off the ground holding them in the air. Briggs flinched as a violent ripping sound was heard as she tore the impaled troopers clear in half as blood reigned down she smirked “I spent the last year reading all manner of Horror holo novels and watching all of those cheap entertainment terror films” she said grinning with the most malignant yet completely insane smile “I’ve been meaning to try and see how many of those scenes I can bring into reality” she said laughing “any volunteers”

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:30 pm

Very nice, very nice!

And hey, great line at the end *wink*

I just got to say at that point I'd seriously consider eating a bolt of plasma to the head, at least it be more painless than what she/it wants.

As to the movies I guessing Nightmare on elm street 2, I want to say T-1000 with the whole rebuilding and stabbing but I could be wrong, Red queen's you are all going to die, maybe ID4 with those swirling back tentacles?

How'd I do?

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:05 pm

my goal is basically give the changelings their balls back or rather use them as they should have been used in the series, to that end you have helped me greatly

you nailed it there with the film references though Briggs is probably going to end up more enraged then scared the other troopers certainly may consider eating a bullet.

I have a seen planned where a changeling tries this spiel on the Emperor only for it to blow up in its face in spectacular fashion..followed by some ham to ham combat between the two.

in any case as soon as I have time an SSD vs Dominion cruisers coming up

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:26 am

welp new piece out, Section thirty one is one step closer to joining the party and The Imperial Army is forcing the founders to really take notice as one trooper stands against the monster...not as much battling as i'd like..but a definite "oh crap" moment for the Dominion at the end

Hune Sector

Trooper Yun a fresh academy student who was known for having more sense then his peers and was seen as a natural leader, had faced down all manner of battles in the last couple weeks. He’d faced the odds and made his stand and though he knew fear it never completely took him over, all in all he was a potential commander some day maybe even captain at least that was what his officer reviews had said about him.
Yun now faced down a demonic rock monster that had just turned into a little girl and slaughtered his troops and he was bobbing and weaving around tendrils that snapped with enough force to sound like lighting and tore apart his blaster rifle. He slipped behind a destroyed At-ST and was joined by six troopers who began to open fire on the position of the little girl. She kept tossing the same corpses in the way of blaster fire and they had by now been reduced to a burning pile of fowl smelling meat. “Men get yourself in tight don’t let up just keep firing!!” he yelled

Rainor had been stabbed through the side barely missing a kidney and returned fire savaging the creature and forcing her to let go, blood he had tossed a thermal detonator her way she had been able to deflect but not in time and it exploded near her. She was now incredibly angry and laughing maniacally “oh, the smell of burning flesh and fear filling the air!! These nostrils are wonderful the concept of sent and taste! Oh no wonder why you solids are so content with such a limited form you must spend your entire lives in a constant stupor from such wonderful stimulating senses” she laughed tossing the burn form smashing it into a storm trooper who made a sound akin to vomiting, it triggered a laugh from the creature that quickly cut him to ribbons.

Briggs and the group with him opened fire on the creature who wailed again in that unholy fashion before turning into a liquid form and escaping into a sewer drain. The silence that followed was pretty deafening in of itself all of the group waited around “why do we not have self sustaining atmospheric models” one asked “because imperial budget concerns and that mini recession caused by the destruction of that super station over Yavin” Dex said Briggs nodded “aye expansion region was hit the hardest though, outer rims too though y’never notice any change out there life pretty much is terrible regardless”

“Don’t gotta tell me twice “one trooper off to the side “I grew up on Midenopus” “the hells Midenopus?” Yun asked glad for the distraction of the horror he witnessed “exactly” was the troopers reply which got a laugh “It gets worse I’m the sun of that planets king! I didn’t even see a land speeder much less a starship ‘till the imperial troops landed on my planet”

“Oh? Look at that boys we got a genuine prince here man” Yun whistled Briggs laughed “your royal heinous no offense but it sounds like your people reigned over a pretty crummy world” “we did alright sir I mean what ever relative to our situation I suppose, other worlds in our sector supposedly suffered wide spread famine and degenerated into nation state level, We didn’t have that problem though only a quarter of the population could read till the imperials got there”

“Wow, that’s pretty terrible” Dex admitted “I’m from expansion region we didn’t have it easy but not like that didn’t the republic have executives out there? Representatives aid officers?”

“oh sure” Rainor said “but it only got important during the clone wars other then that I doubt they could of given a damn, the whole outer rim territories got sacrificed by the republic early on the war basically and only became a critical battleground when they realized how much support they where getting out there” he said

The Trooper nodded “aye exactly” he said “my grandfather and his father met republic executives once, the representatives for the sector they promised lots of aid and financial support to help bring our world up” “oh and what happened?” The trooper laughed “we’re still waiting”

Dex shook his head “and the rebellion wants to restore that? They can keep their damned republic it sounds rotten to the core” “wasn’t so bad” Rainor said “if you came from a wealthy family or lived on the right planet or stayed out of the way of any one too important or ambitious” he added

‘Well it’s long and dead and if those fools want to try and bring back such corruption they can try over our dead bodies” Briggs hissed

“hey every one McKenzie threw up in his helmet” a trooper called to rows of laughter “oh he got scared!” another started laughing when the ground suddenly gave way between their legs the group of four troopers let out a scream as they opened fire, a swirl of steel tentacles tore up the road splitting and cracking the ground, one trooper managed to get away but was swiped the blow shattering his legs and knocking him down

Briggs and all the troopers in the area began opening fire on the monstrous mass as the group watched it recoil and vanish into the ground Yun and seven troopers ran towards the gaping maw looking down into what looked like a mass of tendrils a grayish lifeless color all around them where writhing and screaming forms of various people many of which look like they had been torture for days on end some of them civilians others imperial troopers

McKenzie lay on the ground next to him one trooper was gurgling his spine had been shattered and his throat crushed near him lay his blaster another trooper howled as he was lifted by part of the tendril mass and was quickly disemboweled. His eyes watered he panted and reached behind him fumbling behind. Yun above called for him to hold on as troopers began to rush around and open fire.

Earlier in the battle McKenzie had taken the power core off a heavy gun on one of the Dominion siege tanks, it was remarkably small he took it as a souvenir to show his parents and brothers back home when deployment was over. Now he held it next to a thermal detonator. He stared at the miasma of tendrils and watched as a face slowly materialized from the mass it was the little girl only her face seemed stretched and flat with no discernible features as though some one slapped a boring bland poorly done mask over it all. She smirked as her form slowly shifting back into the auburn haired child he had played with no more then a few hours prior “you prefer this one? The other is our typical humanoid visage one we adopt I suppose to make it as obvious as possible how different we are, I truly don’t know it certainly is the same level of “effort” to maintain as a normal one oh well a custom is a custom even if it is a silly one don’t you think”

“Your people! Ya mean the Dominion has a whole damn species of you freaks fighting!” She laughed “silly little primate really? Always assuming always no, my friend We are the Dominion We are the founders” she said grinning “oh you mean the ones the Jem’Hadar worship as gods?” he laughed “more like Demons” “well Demons works for our purposes in this galaxy definitely but you mustn’t get it wrong we aren’t so stupid as to genuinely believe we are gods well most of us any ways but we are to them or at least we may as well be, certainly I’m the closest thing to a goddess or she demon you’ll ever see” she said laughing “I mean we took the Jem’Hadar from a race of primitive cave dwellers their DNA and made it better grew an entirely new species we created them made them what they are our will gave them life that does make us gods “

“some gods, all those funky powers but if it mean living for ever as a brown tube of Bantha Shit I’d pass up the opportunity in a heart beat” “oh that’s not fair I didn’t call into attention the fact that you are nothing more then a skinny naked ape with sophisticated tools and all”

“yeah and your no god” “never the less human your going to stand judgment before me” she hissed as tendrils ripped into his sides he roared in agony as blood burst from his mouth bones cracked as it loomed in her eyes suddenly becoming blood red her flesh pale her visage becoming far more monstrous and evil looking like those ancient early Republic era stories of Sith lords of unnatural power “stand before your new star gods and scream beg for death that I may choose to be merciful” The young trooper who was exactly seven months out of the Academy the pride of his mother and six younger siblings the “mommas” boy who barely made it through training grinned defiantly at the monster before him as two warning sounds began blaring “how about you go and create two sets of organs and fornicate yourself you fething piece of rock monster scum!” he yelled

The changeling frowned “you dare!” “FOR THE EMPIRE” he roared

Thermal Detonator and Dominion power core exploded together in unison as a ferocious blast impacted against both Trooper McKenzie and the wall the shape shifter the rest of the sewer and floor above as Yun pushed Briggs down and imperial troopers scattered.

A hundred meters above the cityscape a bright flower plume of red and orange and smoke filled the air visible all the way to the main camp were Svarin and the others watched.

When the smoke cleared Rainor and Dex rushed to the surface along side Yun who was helped up by General Briggs who stood firm and tall coldly eying the burning hole in the ground what was left of the creature was writhing around in a sickly greenish looking mess of ooze. He eyed it eyes filling with rage at the monster that had killed so many humans so many of his men and so many civilians the creature that represented an eminent danger of infiltration and subterfuge a creature that if motivated could as shown here briefly take on a small army. A consummate threat to the empire that had taken so much from him and his own, coldly he pulled out his pistol and “listen to me you half dead heap of cosmic trash’ he said coldly “I will personally kick you and your pathetic fabricated fake soldiers off every single imperial world you took and send all of them to what ever horrible after life awaits would be gods and demented Xeno scum” he snapped opening fire at last blaster bolts finished off what looked to be the last of the changeling

Turning he eyed every one “alright men let’s gather what supplies we can and tech, scrape what ever is left of that thing off and put it in a high level containment field we’re gonna present it to the imperial research division as a gift” he said walking off “let’s go get all that appropriated ale and say a proper good by to Trooper McKenzie! IN THE NAME OF THE GOD SLAYER LETS ALL GET DRUNK”

…………….
Dustig Sector same time.

Admiral Antarez stalked along the bridge center of his gigantic test ship, thousands of new faces dotted the area faces that were all how ever people of various Admirals and Sector commanders Antarez had known and trusted some he distrusted immensely. He shook his head Grand Admiral Teshik didn’t even give Turhain ample warning or he was sure he would have allowed Antarez to stack the deck with people he trusted. Eying them all the scarred Admiral sat at a chair he had bolted onto the main command section. “All systems ready?” he asked calmly “aye sir!” a tech said “excellent our package?” “activation codes imputed all systems ready to divert power to it sir” “good” he said “let’s see how the Dominion likes our little surprise” he gestured to the communications officer “get me fleet wide!” he ordered “done sir”

Antarez folded his hands together “alright then boys Grand Admirals Guylos and Nial Declann the ones who are personally overseeing the war effort have taken time from their busy schedule to give us these orders so don’t mess it up, the Dominion for what ever reason has invested an enormous amount of tactical resources in The Hune sector and General Briggs and the 801st imperial division knows why! We’re going to rescue what’s left of them and smash up as much of the Dominion assets as we can on the way out understand?” he asked firmly “do not fail do no fall fight to survive fight to make the enemy die for us! Above all else secure victory for the empire!” he shouted then gestured to the tech “all craft prepare for hyperspace jump on my mark”

Within seconds ten modern ISD’s backed up by eighty five early star destroyers twelve Mandators and hundreds of acclimators and Venators jumped into hyperspace followed by the floating mammoth.

…….

Uranus orbit six hours earlier

Commander Simon Tarses looked out the window eying the deep blue Ambassador that sat now in dry dock the last of the technicians and shuttles pulling away as the construction which had taken so long was finally complete or at least enough to get the makeshift fleet underway. To the side of the ship sat an Excelsior of a later refit that resembled some what the Legendary USS Enterprise or rather the B near it looming in the background was the giant Sovereign variant that would be the “command ship” of their covert fleet. “she’s pretty isn’t she? “ the voice came from a Short middle aged Telarite “I’m commander Restiv I’ll be commanding the USS Gremlin a Defiant class on the mission I hear you’ll be in charge of the Yamamoto?” he asked Simon Tarses nodded “alright then since your going to be my boss I’ll put it to you simply you better make sure your engineer is a good one or I’ll mutiny this is the farthest a Defiant has ever gone and I’ll be tethered to your ship most of the trip any damage that can’t be repaired makes my job harder and my men grumpier and I’ll take that outta yer hide!” he said in a typical Telarite aggressive manner Simon chuckled “don’t mess up your boat pig face and I wont have to make sure I have a competent engineer” he replied back
“enough you two” the voice came from a man with long gray brown hair, tanned skin with a series of scars followed by an eye Patch marked the visage of Captain John Rainbird, he was a broad shouldered physically powerful looking Apache with a stern but fair look in his remaining eye, it fit the rumors of him immensely by his side was a female Romulan Serita was one of the first Romulans to graduate Starfleet academy and one of the youngest Commanders in the fleet at age 28 she was also the most “green” and Simon honestly had no clue why she was selected to be on this mission other then her being the niece of Telara Admiral Ruiz’s attaché’. He suspected it was the Admirals way of keeping an eye on Dartanis “Commander Tarses “she said nodding “and Restiv” she added The Telarite huffed “is there a problem?” she asked “children should be seen not heard” he said coldly “especially clueless kids” she eyed him intensely “and fat pigs should never make assumptions about youth being weakness especially when they knew it so long ago”

“Enough” Rainbird said again “swear I’m baby sitting here” he said “where the hecks are the others any ways?” Rainbird demanded some what annoyed. “Late I figured it might have something to do with the news” “what news” Restiv asked “tell me your joking” Serita replied Rainbird shook his head “four hours ago a detachment of the Klingon Third fleet invaded Cardassian territory laying waste to everything they came across before making way for the Delta Quadrant” he said “with primitive slipstream drives” every one grimaced at that, the technological gap was growing then “over five million Cardassians where killed as a demonstration of their new found power”

“You think they’re trying to hit our colonies in the DQ sir?” Tarses asked “no doubt they’ll try” Restiv said “either way elements of the third fleet got sent out in that direction”

“The klingons have know it’s futile our tech gap is too large now” “they’re catching up” Serita said Restiv nodded “soon something is going to have to be done about them”

As they said this seven others entered the area the commanders of the remaining ships shook hands with the main crew before moving to open the air lock which took them to a sort of “cat walk” that really was little more then transparent aluminum and railings and a platform to walk observing the ships as they made their way to the docking area of the Sarmiento they were greeted outside by Captain Dartanis who was proudly wearing the capture Klingon cloak ‘well hello gentlemen” he said “come with me” they all nodded as he walked with them into the vessels interior
The Corridors were wider then normal and the lighting was poor, technicians scurried about making last minute repairs and modifications adding new things and removing others, such was the rushed nature of the situation after a few seconds in the turbo lift (that stopped and restarted briefly) they entered the conference room, a spacious rather stately looking thing that told Tarses of this ships true nature and not as an improvised mobile station for a covert mission. As they all sat down Dartanis gestured to the screen a holographic map of the Galaxy appeared as well as what little data could be amassed on the area and the politics stolen from Dominion transport ships. “This is our target gentlemen “ he said “some where deep in a war torn violent Galaxy is something called the “ark” he said every one shuffled slightly “Sir are we talking about a genuine “ark” here..As in intact?” the question was raised by a human commander in his late thirties, Dartanis nodded “I’m sorry sir but what?” Serita asked. Dartanis grinned as the Telarite loudly groaned “should do your research kid”

“Evidence suggests that at one point a group of immensely powerful and ancient races officiated and administered this local galactic cluster and many others for billions of years keeping the area safe and allowing races to rise and fall on their own. One of these races or a group therein the preservers as we call them are legendary for removing members of various species from their home worlds and scattering them through out the universe so sophisticated was their technology that perfectly replicating entire solar systems was possible and easily doable”
He showed them images of various duplicate earths one Vulcan and various other worlds where entire species had been resettled “this work continued up until about four thousand years ago by these guys until it was picked up by other older races”

“What happened?” one asked “unknown” Dartanis said “a war perhaps we don’t know, what we do know is that they built these massive multi kilometer long “ark” class vessels they moved races around with them created planets in a flash armed to the teeth and powerful beyond imaging these vessels served as both the elite warships of their empire and a means for them to move about their agenda, we never encountered an intact one most are fossilized and ruined beyond repair trinkets are found every now and then though by various races and it propels them forward”

“As far as we know only the Borg and the Dominion ever discovered remnants of an Ark and it launched the founders and the Borg both into major civilizations according to our source not only does this Galaxy host an intact Ark it’s still partially operational”

Every one frowned at that murmurs could be heard “worse still this “empire” seems to have at least partially made use of some of their tech”

“do they have it” Simon asked “unknown at this time” Dartanis said “right then our mission is this “go into that Galaxy and discover the Ark before the Dominion can get it’s hands on the Ark and reverse engineer it and turn the universe into their own personal play ground” he said “destroy it then sabotage both This “Empire” and The Dominion efforts to progress and establish peaceful relations with the most stable government around before getting the hell out of dodge”

“Sir this mission is a complete joke”

“Couldn’t agree more” Dartanis said “that’s why we’re just going to blow up this ark and run for it, if we can accomplish the rest of our mission we will but I will not place politics above our own safety” he said they all nodded “now then I know allot your ships are still not fully finished the refit we will hang here two more days then depart, your engineering crews will have to work over time” he said “the stable wormhole to this Galaxy is orbiting a small satellite Galaxy orbiting Andromeda it will take us over five months to reach our destination, we’ll be deploying long range probes to serve both as a method of exploring the region and enhancing communications we should be able to stay in contact with HQ the way there, we’ll be joined by the McKinley and The Crazy Horse who will be making a personal stop”

“sir” Restiv asked confused Dartanis laughed “the wormhole is near a planet located in a Binary star system, we constructed a deep space station out there about the size of the old Jupiter station “he said “they’re mission has been to survey the area on both sides of the wormhole and do the basic exploration they have been on long range deployment for about two years, part of the crews being replaced”
“We’ll be stopping off there?” he asked

“Aye for last minute intelligence and a briefing before departing once on the other side of the wormhole it will take about two months to get to our destination”

They all nodded “the small magneto pads on the underside of The Yamamoto and Typhon we’ll be able to “ferry” two defiant class ships each I’m assuming though our quarters will be made available to the crews when not deployed?” he asked

“You assume correct “Dartanis said “for food and entertainment but they will be sleeping on their ships” Restiv grunted “so be it” Serita leaned back “so then I take it we’ll be doing some exploring on the way?” she asked “deep scans and when we need to make stops but apart from that we keep our eye on the mission and nothing else” he said “right then I want all crews ready to ship out in seventy two hours! “ he ordered “dismissed”

…………
Jalor Sector several hours later

Former Admiral Fenster Piaz now newly promoted regional governor sat with a group of Imperial officers and Dominion ‘strengthen the orbital defenses we’ll divert the aliens in the sector to work along side your technicians but our imperial technicians need to be assisting you on the construction of those heavy turbo laser and missile platforms”

“are you really sure this is necessary” Iyun asked the younger Vorta let out a frustrated sigh as he listen to the imperial traitors, who now wore a different uniform they kept the standard imperial dress attire but the uniforms where now dark blue with the shoulders colored in Dominion purple , they had insisted a uniformed discipline he was truly impressed with, several more battle groups had surrendered and begun collaborating with the Dominion it was becoming invaluable in terms of administration and their fighting ethic was impressive for imperfect humans. “Yes I am” Piaz said calmly “Rygellian Antarez is an aggressive fanatic loyal to a cadre of Imperial officers under Grand Admiral Guylos, and also happens to be Martio Batchs right hand he is not one to yield he will come for us and we must be ready”

“If you say so” he sighed “very well begin preparations “

Hune Sector Eight Days post the invasion of the middle rim territories

Several large skeletal frames floated along in space orbiting the planet where the adventures of General Briggs had taken place. Vorta commanders stressed by their inability to bombard from orbit due to orders from Vi’retess had been forced to use Jem’Hadar in far heavier fighting then they would have liked though Liren the Sector fleet commander knew the need for it due to the white shortage she hated over relying on the Jem’Hadar especially when the white began to dwindle.

Next to her cruiser several others flew by as well as several Listari capital ships. She wanted one of the massive command ships but only a few had been constructed and they had been kept close to home. Vi’retess held the Star of the Dominion the flagship of the Dominion fleets and it had seen action here in the beginning as well as several of the other giants but they moved on and she was again alone with her smaller (by comparison) hulls. All around them various vessels cleared debris from the fighting while others scrambled to construct the facility to begun producing white. She was glad for the lull in fighting such barbaric activates had been beneath a Vorta politics was her realm and she excelled at it.
Suddenly she was shaken from her thoughts by the warning Klaxons of her long range sensors. “Madam! We’re detecting hyperlanes activity Imperial vessels in coming!”

“What how many!” she yelled “sixty five profiles that match various classes of star destroyers over two hundred others I’m not sure of! Two minutes out!!”

Liren fell back into her seat “calls for reinforcements and hold the line protect the bases do not let them sustain damage!!”

“SIR SHIPS HAVE EXITED HYPERSPACE DIRECTLY BESIDE OUR FLEET”

“What!!” she yelled “how many?” “Twenty more Star destroyer profiles five hundred other ships and...” he paused as both looked out the window to see a massive hulking monstrosity looming before them, dwarfing the star destroyers and her ships, she fumbled for her chair “oh...my” she paused “what”

“Detecting hundreds of light turbo laser emplacements dozens of heavy TL batteries’” She frowned “open fire now! Now! Now!” she yelled

On the planets Surface Briggs looked up at the night sky beside him Yun eyed what looked like fire works in orbit “is that?” he asked

Briggs nodded “back up...is here boys”

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:40 pm

The Galactic Empire has a Preserver ship? Very interesting, I wonder what if anything Palpy is doing with it. Very curious how the Section 31 armada will react once inside the galaxy so to speak.

As to the ending, that sublime image of the SSD dropping to realspace amid the rest of the flotilla, I can think of only one thing to say about that: FOR MCKENZIE THE GODSLAYER!

Can't wait for the actual slugmatch. :)

* As to the Changling when it came popping up out of the ground was that a refrence because it seems familair but I can't place it. My first thoughts were the Blair-creature or Tremors but...well those are my guesses.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:49 pm

it was a mix of starship troopers when the general gets his legs chomped off by a gigantic underground roach/beattle mix and me thinking "how come that never happens in tv/films with shapeshifting monsters"

didn't realize 'bout the tremors though I forgot about those films..

Yeah I'll get to the slugfest hopefully before the week end..should be brutal

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:53 am

new chapter out small sorry for that I'll upload a longer more detailed on by wedsday probably. Simply and short Imperial forces whoop some ass and two Admirals begin a rivalry

Captain Palvelli was a rational man and thought he had a good head on his shoulders, common sense while uncommon in most imperial officers was a gift he possessed, yet when he saw the gigantic Superstar destroyer smash into a dominion cruiser he could of sworn he actually thought he heard the thunderous roar of metal and shields imploding violently under the onslaught of the floating giants massive bow, another smaller cruiser was swept under the bow of the SSD crumpling to bits under medium sized TL fire from the lower portion of the ship.

Tecto Class destroyers and Venators met in battle to his right with a flank of Dominion bugs and their smallest cruisers which appeared more like some type of moth then anything else. Venators and bugs traded blows a series of proton torpedoes lashed out impacting onto one of the light cruisers who’s shields splashed it reared up into the air it’s rear firing out spewing out several of those white torpedoes. Palvelli flinched as the left part of the wedge exploded a large section breaking off several smaller craft fired their beam weapons into the dying vessel which flared up and then exploded scattering engine parts and forward sections into both Dominion and Imperial vessels.

A Tecto class destroyer backed up by three acclimators began engaging a Listari vessel the large disk shaped vessel seemed to “turn” exposing its under belly created a flat surface for the imperial ships to fire on it, sections of the hull ignited in flames as armor and shields began to breach through, the foolish aliens presenting an easy target which the Tecto classes battle group easily began focusing on. It was joined by older republic era vessels that had bee scrounged up for this mission and Palvelli assumed the vessel was done for. The lights faded a large doorway in it’s center opened revealing a sort of conical canon which began glowing a bright blue green spinning up some bizarre charge in its clutches. Power along the vessel seemed to fail engines went dumb shields died armor cracked under the fire then darkness became light and blue fire breathed out of the center the Tecto took it head on The Venators and republic era cannon fodder by it’s side vaporized completely burning into what Palvelli would later swear was visible cosmic ash. The Tecto exploded it’s remains forced backwards by the force of the energy wave which hurled debris into imperial cruisers a Victory got caught with the last of the energy beam which tore through the shields, explosions erupting all over the vessel.

Palvelli hissed “no! Filthy animals open fire on the vessel while it’s recharging all ships open fire!” he ordered Venators Acclimators a Tecto and one old Mandator began belching out fire joined by Pavelli’s star destroyer and it’s accompanied older model cousins firing out, the ship began breaking apart a stray proton missile smashed into the gun causing an explosion that tore the ship completely in half spewing deadly radiation all over it’s fighters and frigates.

The Dominion ships that had been caught frantically engaging Antarez main force had to turn half of them moved off to support their Thrall races “I want all the ships older then fifteen years to engage the Listari and those weird yellow ships the rest of the fleet fall up on my position hit the Dominion forces here hard! The more we take away from the Boss the more our odds improve” he ordered fleet wide moving to engage in combat the lead cruisers his ship shaking violently under poloron beam fire and torpedoes several Venators and two older star destroyers backed his vessel up in it’s dangerous dance with the purple fleet.

On board the silver fist.

Admiral Antarez gripped his command chair as he watched his massive vessel turn its left side sharply making a slow move to return fire to a group of bugs and Dominion cruisers, the massive vessels TL armament was swiftly becoming little more then a flack screen weeding out the smaller Dominion ships as the larger ones engaged his vessel up close and personal dying in a blaze of fire and debris as they did so.

“Status report!’ he yelled a stray poloron beam lashed out impacting against the bridge tower shields pulsed and armor rippled blast doors came down before the windows could shatter and Antarez rose up this was the first time that the bridge tower on any imperial vessel had survived assault from Dominion weapon fire in all known encounters. His tan skin seemed to tighten coiling around muscles primed to strike and his posture became predatory “status” he repeated

“Ten percent loss of turbo lasers, either burned off or melted twenty percent armor loss on our left side several rear decks reporting casualties form poloron radiation leaking through” Antarez nodded and frowned he had seen holo clips of what poloron radiation in high doses did to organic flesh and how badly the Dominion weapons messed with their medical facilities abilities to heal and he did not want to have a personal experience with that.

“Order Captain Martus battle group to form up on me and open the targeting bays, bring us directly in range of the Dominion base in orbit”
“Aye sir”

…………

On board the lead Dominion ship the female Vorta hissed as she wiped sweat and dust away from her eyes steam sprayed about from one of the air conduits as weapon fire from that giant smashed into her ship, one of her Listari allies was blasted into pieces and she was forced to order one of the frigates to try a suicide run on the SSD’s exposed side

It did about as much damage as a big rock hitting an armored battleship. She growled “Madame the Listari and Yinsiri ships are being slaughtered Imperial fighters have wiped out all of their fighter screens and are moving to assault the command fleet they’re isolated and loosing numbers fast”

“Curse them useless animals!” she hissed “I want Jem’Hadar battles groups sixteen to twenty three to move on their position and aid them every one else focus on the imperial forces in front of us, I want every available cruiser to fire on this gigantic monstrosity”

“As you command!”

The female Vorta frowned as she saw the massive vessel more towards the orbital facility that was being built. Slowly but surely it’s massive front began to open sliding open to reveal some kind of huge canon “what in the name of the founders is that” she whispered

“MADAME SENSORS READING A MASSIVE ENERGY SPIKE FROM THE VESSELS”

She paled “no”

Antarez eyed the station coldly “status” near him several officers had imputed command keys into a panel, slowly a series of four cylindrical panels emerged from within with a series of levels on the inside that needed to be turned and locked onto place “target acquired Admiral”

Antarez pressed a com button “engineering”

A fat Imperial engineer stood over a similar system as all the technicians around him had diverted all power to the massive weapon “Anti matter ready, neutron canon generators at one hundred percent all reactors at one hundred percent”

“Divert power to the weapon” the Admirals voice came over the com ‘the engineer entered a command key and locked his lever in position “confirmed “

Antarez watched as the vessel went black a pad on his command chair opened up and a red button began blinking. Antarez pushed it.

On board the Dominion ship

The female Vorta watched the giant vessel go dark all lights shutting off even the glow form her engines dimming. The massive canon on the ships front opened fire with a dark purple blue beam that tore out impacting against a smaller station and vaporizing it completely the second larger one half completely had raised shields in a vain effort to prevent destruction glowed brightly before they collapsed and the huge construct broke apart being blasted to pieces that slowly began falling into the planets Atmosphere. Her blue eyes burned with intense anger and hatred at the naked apes that resisted the founders will. “STATUS REPORT”

“Vessel’s power is down no shields any weapons minimal engines it’s recharging in twenty five seconds power will be restored”

“OPEN FIRE ALL VESSELS OPEN FIRE KILL IT! BURN IT! KILL IT!!” she roared

Captain Palvelli observing the attack was breathless he slumped back in his seat and nodded “excellent “ that weapon had been concocted in Seras research facilities based off captured Dominion technology and their own research into powerful beam weaponry combining the two had created a weapon capable of tearing apart Dominion bases and ripping apart their vessels. But it left the massive vessel open and vulnerable; they had rounded and in a rage began opening fire on the downed SSD which began taking terrible abuse. “All forces reinforce the silver fist protect Admiral Antarez” he ordered flinching as what looked like a piece of the rear of the ship was blown off.

Vicious fighting erupted all across the planets orbit as the two forces pushed in around the SSD , A Venator managed to take down the Dominion command ship on a suicide run while Dominion bugs had torn off the Command tower of the SSD, fire erupting around the hull of the ship

Aboard the default command ship of the Dominion forces.

Adirez was huge even for his species the massive bear like alien stood firm even as the ship shook violently, near him was a detachment of hunters and Jem’Hadar who quickly scurried about making repairs and assessing damage, all of them looked visibly wrathful, they would have to abandon this system and he knew it, falling back to the Sector capital was not his idea of glory.

“Admiral we are getting a hail from Leviathan “ Adirez frowned and nodded as a holographic image of Vi’retess appeared “how goes the battle” “not well supreme commander, I regret to inform you that they have some new anti matter based neutron weapon it tore apart our base and destroyed our refining planet”

“It’s of no concern the worlds around the sector capital are far more important”

“Sir! The Dominion forces do not retreat!”

“Yes they do, Victory is life what possible benefit does your suicide and the destruction of our fleet serves? Transport as many of our assets off the base as possible recall all construction ships and order them to make a break for the capital to aid in the building of White facilities”

“By the will of the founders I obey”

“Of course you do”

When the holograph of Vi’retess faded he turned eying the star destroyer which though damage had rejoined the fight and was destroying Dominion vessels again. “Hail the giant” he ordered

“Admiral”

“You will do this or I will your head off and feast on your eye balls”

“I live to serve”
……….

Aboard the silver fist

Antarez watched as medical crew evacuated wounded men and cleared debris as he settled into what now was passing for the secondary command bridge. He looked out at holographic screening of his vessel fires erupted everywhere damage was catastrophic the ship would not be hyperspace capable of several weeks hull damage would take days to repair one of the engines had been torn completely off by Dominion fire.

It held out well for a prototype but the recharge time was simply too long way too long. “Admiral you’re being hailed by the ship”

“Bring it through” he said turning to a holo pad, a being appeared a hologram of a level of skill their scientists had only dreamed of. Eying the projection he saw a nine foot tall giant, fur that shined in the light revealing an incredibly well toned muscle physique he was wearing crimson and purple and the Dominions symbol on an arm band. The alien had a pair of deep brown eyes that burned intensely “I commend Imperial officers on their capacity to adapt so suddenly to so foreign a technology” he remarked

“And I commend you every battle is much harder you are an enemy worthy of the empires attention unlike the traitors you fight for”

“We don’t fight for the rebel alliance I can assure you of that” he said “you have won this day “he said “enjoy it” he remarked “for I promise you I will return here and avenge this loss”

Antarez grinned, too long had he worked for the shadowy Batch to be put on active battle duty again the worry in him awoke, he grinned “I invite you to do so, we will settle this” he said

“Indeed” “what is your name Xeno?” Antarez asked “I am Admiral Adirez son of Chulath Servant of the founders and Admiral in the Dominion navy” he said “I am Rygellian Antarez Son of Martin Antarez and Servant of the new order and Admiral in the Imperial navy” he said The giant extended his hand and the two gripped it, with Antarez impressed at how realistic the hologram felt. “When next we meet Scarred one” Adirez said “one of us will die” Antarez finished.

……

Hune sector,

Rainor and Briggs and Dex sat around with the troops they had become severely drunk as they watched the fire works of the raging battle, small blue flashes in the night sky indicated Dominion retreat leaning back Briggs held up his ale “to Admiral Antarez ““to Taneth and McKenzie and Jastur” Dex added “and every one else we’re leaving behind here”

Imperial shuttles and troop ships could be seen slowly descending onto the ruined world. Finally they’d get off this hell hole leaving behind all the fallen and the monster they met and slew. Leaving behind nightmares and demons for the fires of war on a dozen new battlefield across this burning Galaxy and all of them where more then grateful for it.

for the 801 had seen the true face of the enemy named it and would now never stop until it was caste out of this Galaxy and laid to rest as dust between the stars

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Yeah! Die, die evil aliens! Die! ;)

Nice to see that antimatter-netrino cannon thing actually worked, I was really betting the dang thing would rupture itself and explode taking out the Silver Fist and everything around it. Yeah my faith in Imperials to work advanced and delicate technology is simply astonishing isn't it?

Overall not bad, a little shorter than I expected, but good.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:25 am

The ending (if this really is the ending) is far too rushed, and relies too much on a technological deus ex machina to get the reader there.
-Mike

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:43 am

sonofccn wrote:Yeah! Die, die evil aliens! Die! ;)
I'ma have imperial propaganda machines start portraying the founders as demonic monsters

sonofccn wrote: Nice to see that antimatter-netrino cannon thing actually worked, I was really betting the dang thing would rupture itself and explode taking out the Silver Fist and everything around it. Yeah my faith in Imperials to work advanced and delicate technology is simply astonishing isn't it?
to be fair if they can build a friggen death star slapping together some anti matter and a huge ass canon isn't too hard-mind you it still bleed power like a SOB and Vi'retess kinda forced the retreat

sonofccn wrote: Overall not bad, a little shorter than I expected, but good.
it was far less then what I wanted to do..admittedly
Mike DiCenso wrote:The ending (if this really is the ending) is far too rushed, and relies too much on a technological deus ex machina to get the reader there.
-Mike
it was rushed I concede that but The Dominion will be back for that rock

though I'm curious is it really a Dues Ex when it shuts the ship down and nearly kills it's commander?

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:56 am

well new chapter up I plan on rewriting the battle of the Hune sector when I have the mind and energy to revist it, allot was left wanting there.

not much these chapters politic playing Section thirty one activity and a mystery out in the unknown (which will lead up to some alien style fun with a really grumpy changeling assuming you guys are game)

the Dominion and empire are working their political webs and the Imps are about to strike back The Road to the battle of bright jewells gonna be paved with skirmishes back stabbing and more bad ass from imperial troops

a news cast will come up next chapter once again hope this is slightly less terrible then the last

also kudos to who ever can guess which ship that is at the end

………

Four days post the battle of Hune Delta quadrant Milky Way galaxy

Blood spattered out of the young Romulans mouth as a massive hand came crashing down against him, he was sent flailing crumbling to the floor his eyes in a daze, feeding him only the faintest of details as his brain tried to process with what little brain cells such a blow had left him. The white faded to a myriad of confusing colors and little stars as he focused , blurs of sounds reassembled themselves into cheers and the digital exchange of credits. A middle aged Andorian grabbed him and hoisted him up dragging him back to his part of the massive human circle
Slumping back he looked over at the mountain of humanity who had nearly removed some of his teeth. At six four the middle aged brown haired descendent of Germans who settled his colony looked like some persona out of an old earth movie. The tell tail yellow under the gray and black uniform had been very misleading. Human engineers were feared as miracle workers he didn’t that they also seemed to take pride in their “mechanic heritage” with many of them being unlisted combat veterans. He muttered a curse and looked back a Telarite and another human massaged his shoulders both wearing the trappings of security officers. He knew credits booze and glory depended on him but the numbness in his head was still intense “come on Romulan” Yelled the Telarite ‘you where champion of one of your peoples martial arts on the amateur circuit! You’re failing your previous glory fool”

“I never had to face wild animals before” he mumbled “chief Magnus is like some Razor beast” he grumbled his human counter part grinned “then think of it like some legend from the old country” he grinned “a valiant Romulan warrior alone surrounded by barbarians shouting and howling as they loose their great heathen champion!”

“Aye” roared the Telarite “these barbarians’ mock Romulan purity and culture! He calls your empress a whore!! Deal with him!” he yelled “for the empire!”

“For the Empire” the young Romulan said puffing his chest out “barbarian! Yes, yes, YES” he roared as the referee called for the bell to ring. The young one rose up and his motions shifted becoming more emboldened “you’re too old and too human”

“ah, we have some passion back in you lad” he roared raising his fist taking another swing the younger Romulan dodged weaving around him with panther like speed, he whipped around gripping the mans waist his left knee lunged forward to the back of the large mans knee cap knocking the larger human off balance or at least that was how it was supposed to go in the younger Romulans mind. The man buckled lowering himself slightly before reaching around his right side and grabbing the young Romulan hoisting him off his side he flung him across the circle with a loud grunt of effort. The youth sprawled back onto his feet and launched a powerful kick onto the man’s leg and using his position he launched himself into the air and kneed the man under the jaw. The gathered masses let out a loud cry and began cheering the Romulans praises. As he landed he pressed his advantage pounding the Giant engineers head as hard as possible to which the mechanic responded by slamming his two large fists right into the lower part of the Romulans sternum launching him off him and sending him sprawling gasping for air.

Magnus rose up wiping blood from his mouth and grinning with pride and exhilaration, putting his fists up “clever boy! Ensign Ryak I certainly fear any riff raff or drunken astrometrics officer that wonders into your path” he said with a haughty laugh and mockery in his voice. “Come! My son wants to restore an old shuttle for his birthday beating you up goes a long way towards helping pay for that “he said laughing

Ryak laughed as he righted himself ‘your son? Your wife said he was mine!” that got a hardy laugh out of his opponent and the crowd as the two lunged at each other striking blows.

Near the crowd was a stair and a series of elevators that made their way up a one of a series of bridges that went around the large main singularity and weaved between the smaller matter anti matter ones that assisted in powering the unusually large Federation starship that was leading this party. On a railing no more then five meters above the fighting leaned a human male a Caitian and a Vulcan “I don’t understand the logic in this and for a descendent of Vulcan’s to be indulging ““we’ve been working to finish modifications since we left space port we’ve got what two and a half months of non stop flight until we make space dock and almost an entire year in total in terms of travel?” the human near the female Vulcan asked ‘rivalries like this keep the men distracted from that plus it does a little good to boost moral” ‘by fostering inter ship rivalries? “ the brown furred feline asked he was captain of one of the Defiant class ships hooked up to the Sarmiento the Vulcan was a third officer aboard the Sarmiento itself The human Captain Derek Wildstar commanded one of the excelsior’s. Watched “it’s illogical and barbaric” “we do have doctors in the ring just in case, they’re making rather handsome bets I’ve heard”

“I can’t see why besides the conclusion of this affair is obvious” she said “oh?” he asked “the large one clearly has the edge in power and experience but the young one is faster then him should he stay from Chief Magnus hands he will win”

Both men turned to her and smirked “ah, are we interested in betting?” he asked amused she shook her head “one does not bet on folly” she said eying the fight with as much interest a Vulcan is capable of showing and both men grinned before returning to the fight.

Ryak weaved around a powerful right hook and lunged forward throwing his right shoulder into the mans lower stomach smashing his intestines and stomach and lower ribs the large man was uprooted lifted into the air he let out a low grunt as he brought his large fists down against the young Romulans back only to barely miss as Ryak rolled kneeing Magnus in the ribs and striking his throat on the way down. Magnus coughed wheezed a little as Ryak backed off he grumbled standing the crowd cheering as he lunged at Ryak who sprung at him with panther like fury crashing into his legs and bringing him down hard onto the ground and gripping Magnus by the throat in a choke hold. “Do you yield?” he asked firmly “this aint some form based competition son!” he snapped through gasps bringing his hand up he smashed Ryak in his left temple and powered him off rising himself he growled at the Romulan. “You fight like a demented Reman “ he said laughing as one of his massive hands came down against Ryaks head the crowd groaned and collectively flinched at the sound of the blow and the echo of Ryaks head impacting against the floor of the ship. The young Romulan was sure he saw white and then total blackness the giant had hit him so hard his ancestors felt it and they all stared disapprovingly at him. The scorn was enough to force the young Romulan back up half dazed and in pain beyond what he had to endure at boot camp he was able to block one of the large fists his own smashing into the mans throat again and again, a swift leg sweet and a head lock later and he truly could barely remember the details but he was hoisted up carried around as though he was some ancient champion.

From behind the three officers Captain Dartanis emerged all of them rose and gestured respectfully to the fleets commander “so who won? Engineering or security?” he asked “Security sir” he nodded looking out “that kids lucky he’s a Romulan I’ve seen Magnus cave a Maquis skull in with those blows back when he was younger” he remarked “he fought the Maquis?” the Caitian commander asked Dartanis nodded “as a privately hired mercenary for some Ferengi whom I suspect where functioning as middle men for Starfleet security or Starfleet intelligence one of the two never proven though” he remarked “got into Starfleet during the Dominion war”

“And what were you doing? How did you know him then?” “oh I lead the group “Dartanis remarked that made the Vulcan eye him surprised Dartanis laughed “I have had several careers in Starfleet in my off time I’ve done many things being the leader of a group of hired guns was one of them I was also a sanitation worker as well but that stories a very boring one” he laughed “come on I’ve got something to show you three” he said walking off.

…….
Coruscant same time

Grand Admiral Guylos and Octavian grant made their way down a corridor into a banquet hall the two men had a look of disdain on their faces when they saw Grand Admiral Tyrell sitting down at the table, the integration of the corporate sector had proven very beneficial to his holdings and the man seemed to be now constantly drugged. Near him was a man who wreaked of injury and death the half man Oswald Teshik the mad Grand Admiral and next to him sat Grand Admiral Synn, Seras followed suit sitting beside them all

Nial Declann appeared as servants began bringing in various foods and drinks “gentlemen and lady” he said nodding “I have moved all the major assets to Malastare “he remarked “The Bright Jewell sector will appear to be the imperial center of the mid rim but in truth it will be Malastare, we’re doing this in preparation for a massive Dominion invasion of Malastare”

Guylos frowned Synn eyed them with interest “we have many assets concentrated at Bright Jewell their destruction” Declann shook his head “will be off set by our full industrial might in six months mean while the Dominions numbers will be exhausted and spread throughout the mid rim it leaves only the rebellion as a functioning enemy and most of their fleet will be diverted to maintaining their territory.” He said calmly “we can hold what’s left of the mid rim and in six months return with a force the likes of which this galaxy has never seen
he said

“How do you know of this?” Teshik asked Declann gestured to a holographic projector and every one blanched “the fleets being diverted and assembled as we speak “he said calmly Seras frowned “sir that fleet is massive if it hits bright Jewell we’ll loose seventy percent of our assets hells we may even loose the over sector itself” she exclaimed

“But the empire will be able to absorb the losses better then they are” he exclaimed “we control nearly an entire galaxy they a small section of sectors” he said calmly “this entire war has been merely luck and taking us off guard that will change”

Seras was about to open her mouth when Synn gripped her shoulder hard “my lord Declann Emperors hand and Grand Admiral we will obey” he said “the emperor has foreseen victory?” asked Guylos
“He has this plan will work they will commit the grand majority of their assets to this one battle and will fail our industry will burry them and Endors demon will finish it off”

Grant rose up “if it is good enough for the emperor it is good enough for me” he said “if you will excuse Lord Senegal is hosting an estate dinner and several Moffs and myself have been invited” Declann nodded “en joy your party may the emperors will shine on us all” he said as Grant left

Synn sat down as the others eyed each other Guylos was concerned he believed the Vorta would guess the battlefield was a deception and attack Dustig and would secretly begin to plan other wise.

………

Sereno same time.

A series of bright blue flowers fell through the air gliding along as though guided by some unseen force long out stretched plumes landing gracefully giving way to a series of delicate dancers moving along a serene deep blue pool of some type of crystal like liquid dancing with the aid of a gravity harness while minstrels played music, in the grand courtyard of a castle by the shores belonging to one of the Counts of Sereno. Here sat two one very large sipping some exotic brandy while the other a slender man in dark clothes sat with two imperial officers behind him, dozens of different minor nobles and corporate owners from across the expansion region sat with them, next to them sat a human in dark purple a cape around him he sipped ale and watched the performance near him sat a man with blue skin and blood red eyes. “this performance details one of my ancestors who slew a tyrant a threat to the old republic, he was a hero back then the new order spits on us mocks us” “the Emperor is unwilling to trust another Sereno noble with power after what Dooku managed to do to the Galaxy “the imperial officer remarked calmly “, the merchants here are tired of regulation and limitation”

“I don’t doubt that” the human said calmly “ but I assure you my associates are only interested in controlling things from afar and the proliferation of commerce and trade within their territory order simple cosmic order” “and we are to simply take your word for it?” “Ask Crum there “he said calmly pointing to the Chiss

“My people fell to the Dominion close to two decades ago” he said calmly “we have run our own affairs while a Vorta over sees us he allows us to continue as we would have normally they allow us to maintain a defense fleet very little has changed other than we kick back resources and man power to them when asked”

“how much” one of the nobles asked “far less than the empire asks of you” he said calmly “and certain concessions can be made” he said calmly eying the human who nodded The fat lord smirked “I want my family to rule the local sectors as stewards and lords in the name of the founders of course” he said calmly Gesturing to the corporate people the imperial officer nodded “and my associates would like certain exclusive trading rights” he said calmly “and charters” The human rose and extended a hand “that can be arranged so long as you swear loyalty to the founders of course”

“Excellent’

“We are in agreement then gentlemen?” “We will have to talk it over but you will have our answers in a week” “in the mean time” the fat one interjected “you are welcome to my castle it is yours”

“I am honored”

Hune Sector same time

Grand admirals personal log; the battle was easy too easy for my liking and that giant animal who seized command at the end shared my apprehension. The Dominion hire ups do not consult their thralls on anything it seems, seems like we have that in common. We’ve surveyed the damage and I went down to the planet to see for myself the damage this “changeling’ had wrought and all I can say is we have a serious damn problem. The leaders of the Dominion are as tough as a krayt Dragon and even more terrifying they have a great deal of experience with the human psyche as well if the testimony of Generals Briggs and Rainor are to be believed (I consider them beyond refute in such matters) this is an enemy we need to find ways of countering no matter what! on the tally of the battle I have more ships damaged then lost but took fifteen percent fleet loss, one of the engines on my ship was torn completely off and needs to be replaced I lost the command tower and over a hundred guns repairs have been slow though I have a means to amend this that will hopefully come online soon, it seems though that for the time being my super star destroyer is not more than an orbital station” Antarez closed the log book and walked off exiting his quarters to head to engineering” on his way the lights flickered occasionally and Antarez grumbled about maintenance and short circuits. On the way he eyed an observation deck salvage crews where taking from the destroyed vassals of both sides all that was usable to be ready for the attack that was sure to come.

On the way down to engineering he was joined by Briggs who handed Antarez a bottle of brandy “how goes it Admiral?” “same as yesterday grounded in this piss hole waiting for a horde of crazy clones and giant aliens to come rushing down my throat” he grumbled “personally I’d link up with Thanagar” he remarked with mild annoyance “wonder what he’s up too any ways”

“the Listari and other Dominion thralls have been raiding the outer rim territories” Briggs remarked “I think they’re trying to wear what little assets we have out there down” he said honestly “makes sense if they know we have the bulk of our assets concentrated in the expansion and core regions” he remarked “want easy pickings”

Both men entered a large conference room and sat down near them was a series of technicians and two imperial commanders “we’ve gone over the wreckage of the station and have taken various samples for study but this should interest you” he said handing them a data pad Antarez eyed it “can you duplicate these?” “Sadly no well not yet we’ve been in contact with Grand Admirals Batch and Seras and have come up with a recycling and re-sequence device based off this technology it should increase our industrial output by fifteen percent and reduce construction time in half almost” he said Antarez nodded “excellent how long before mass production” “several months but the good news is we can use what power is left in these large scale replicators to repair the damages done to this ship and maybe upgrade her weapons and power core”

Antarez frowned “I’m already flying a damn lab rodent you know” “I know sir but I’m convinced we can do this with out any sort of casualties or further damage to the ship and it would free up allot of supplies for the rest of the vessels” he remarked Antarez nodded “see to it then” he said calmly “anything else to report?”

“a Captain Felus six ISD’s and a hundred smaller craft exited hyperspace all ships have suffered damage, they made it out of the initial invasion and have been waging a guerilla campaign ever since”

Antarez nodded “bring them in give them priority shore leave and debrief them ASAP” he said rising and walking off.

……………..

Edge of the Milky way Galaxy ten hours later

Simon Tarses transported over along with Command Serita the two where joined by the Caitian and Veles and soon by Rainbird and Restiv walking along the wide hall way Serita nodded “it must be a comfortable ship to be so large” “and it’s mostly vacant at that from what I hear” they all noticed as was typical of all the vessels engineering crew rushed along finishing refits and repairs. The group turned and entered a room that seemed rather large. A Thick oak desk large and round lay at the center, a staff of the kitchen laid out food and drink as Dartanis watched sitting by the window they all sat down Rainbird grinned “nice spread is dinner with the fleet captain always going to be this nice?” he asked with a chuckle

“It should occur it’s an old wet navy tradition but a good one” he said sitting down Simon Tarses sat next to Commander Restiv and handed the old pig some Ale “huh? Salted pork! Is that some kind of joke?” The Telarite roared

“Oh shut up and stop pretending pigs aren’t cannibals you fat slob” Serita replied the large pig laughed “oh very well my dear” he grinned grabbing some of the appetizer “so why did you bring us here? Surely it has to be some other reason then bonding” he asked grinning Dartanis laughed and gestured as a holographic image appeared of a faint sensor reading.

“It’s right at the edge of the Andromeda Galaxy once we leave the Milky Way tomorrow we’ll be on her in twenty four hours”

“It can’t be” Serita whispered with near religious awe Simons own partial Romulan blood seemed to boil at the profile “the Taralak?” he asked in wonderment “my gods” Restiv mumbled “we’ve found her”

“And seven unknown sensor profiles and a dozen old Dominion ships’ he said every one frowned “ancient ruins”

Captain Wildstar frowned “that name sounds familiar” he remarked “Taralak, Taralak, and Wait! The Taralak?” Dartanis nodded “one of the first Romulan War birds ever constructed and head of the fleet of Imperial justice commanded by the legendary Admiral Messenio T’krell “ he remarked “he fought Kirk and John Harriman over the tomed incident and brought down the Enterprise C commanding the Taralak” he remarked

“he put down many civil wars and lead the empire in what little expansion we did do during that era” Serita said “he was revered and respect almost as much as the legendary Captain Kirk” “it was said that aside from The Legendary Kang only Kirk Defeated him in combat” she remarked

“well stories say such things” Dartanis remarked dismissively eying the vessel with more nostalgic sentiments than anything else “it’s amazing find T’krell was to take his fleet as a retirement mission out into the deepest regions of the beta quadrant how it ended up out here?” he asked ‘would you like to find out? Especially with the Dominion involved “

“How could it have gotten there” Simon Tarses asked eying the sensor profile.

…….

Coruscant

Several old men made their way towards a shuttle bay deliberate steps taken, masters of secrets and shadows the movers and shakers of an entire galaxy, Drug kingpins pimps and criminals dark sorcerers practicing Sith alchemy and grand admirals high inquisitors and even those within the emperors hand they counted among their many (often unwitting) sources of information and action , shadowy heads of imperial intelligence had been with Sidious since the beginning old and frail now as their master but certain in their purpose and in their dedication. Ancient and frail now so old it seemed impossible to tell gender, long loose hair extended noses and seemingly scrunched hobbled near human creatures that had been responsible for such galactic barbarity stalked their way towards a shuttle

“Everything is ready” one asked another nodded “and it is moving in absolute secrecy up to the last moment as we have maintained” another said with a voice slightly softer than the other. “And we will accompany the imperial officers our purpose will be known to them as soon as we announce our arrival”

“It is to expected I staffed much of these vessels with our own agents” another said “as was ordered” “many good operatives will perish” “to cripple the Dominion beyond all reckoning I would wager” the other ancient said the group walked up the ramp entering the shuttle as their pilots bowed

Clones garbed in black elite fighter pilots that survived the clone wars who snow stood in service of these aged killers. The old ones sat down leaning back in frail chairs as they took off

From the shadows several other old men watched them leave other members of this secret Sidious loyal cabal “it has begun” “it already has begun my old friend this is merely finishing it and ushering in a new era of cosmic dominance among the galaxies”

“for the emperor” “for the empire” the remaining group departed it was agreed to separate the council half would go the other half would remain to ensure continuity in the unlikely chance of failure. “In thirty five hours” one said “the very heart of the Dominion will be penetrated”
Unknown location-same time

A group of eighty seven star destroyers over two hundred Victories and seventy Tecto classes orbited a gas giant under the command of a large vessel one that had been assembled in secret a prototype for one of the Super Star Destroyer classes that existed in the Empire, it sat in orbit around Byss as a space station for more than a decade now hastily refitted and made battle ready the vast vessel loomed over the smaller ships as it’s Captain looked over the schematics of Leviathan

“Sir we have received a coded transmission from coruscant we are to proceed to the secondary location” an aid remarked the captain nodded “excellent order all vessels to make a jump to hyperspace “

The battle of Leviathan in later years would be compared to the legendary battle of the Omarion nebula as both situations and the motivations behind the battle where very similar the out come of Leviathan would price the Dominion would have to pay for this battle some historians have long since reflected was too high.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:09 pm

Captain Derek Wildstar, eh?

I see someone's been watching or reading Starblazers/Space Battleship Yamato....

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:47 pm

Khas wrote:Captain Derek Wildstar, eh?

I see someone's been watching or reading Starblazers/Space Battleship Yamato....
your the only one who caught thatg! Yeah I've tossed in some nods to old school anime too see if you can spot the others..theres a Gundam and outlaw star one