The Tides of History (an St/Sw cross over)

For stories, roleplaying, or any other creative literary projects.
Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Re: The Tides of History (an St/Sw cross over)

Post by Praeothmin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:37 pm

Chaotic combat, as always, Klingons doing what they do best...
Me likes...

sonofccn, I think Im'Pec's ship is a parralel universe Negh'var, the type that made the Defiant look like a Tie fighter next to it in DS9...

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:39 pm

sonofccn, I think Im'Pec's ship is a parralel universe Negh'var, the type that made the Defiant look like a Tie fighter next to it in DS9...
Ah. Thanks.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:41 pm

sonofccn wrote:You put the Eldritch Abomination in Founder Breetia, I salute you. Iyun the oft killed dies again to which I again salute you.
I realized it's been several months since a founder horribly murdered something..and Raw Material Wookie just came to me as I was finishing the chapter I had not planned for it
sonofccn wrote:Out of curiosity what ship does Im'pec have for his flagship? SSD's are fracking huge!:)

Not that the fething silver hand godslayer shouldn't have a pimped up ride of uber death of course, only the best for Alexander's pawns...I mean friends.
It's essentially a presidential style Cadillac limo version of the Neg'var one originally designed as a prototype model for Drex's new flagship
Praeothmin wrote:sonofccn, I think Im'Pec's ship is a parralel universe Negh'var, the type that made the Defiant look like a Tie fighter next to it in DS9...
I might actually have Alexander say as much in an internal monologue

This thing, Vi'retess flagship and the new seven deadly sins and Home 1 are basically the only things in the galaxy that have a chance of lasting more then five seconds against the Sarmiento

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:27 pm

Where are you, and why the hell don't we have new updates? :)

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:22 pm

Add me to the that whole list of "where are you?"

Hope you come back soon, the saga of the Tidesverse is far from over.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:05 am

Praeothmin wrote:Where are you, and why the hell don't we have new updates? :)
I've been atrociously busy and my creative energies diverted rest assured though I plan to return...with a bang with any luck
sonofccn wrote:Add me to the that whole list of "where are you?"

Hope you come back soon, the saga of the Tidesverse is far from over.
The Tides of History hasn't even begun to hit the middle part

and then there's The Tides of History: Rise and Tales which will tell Alexanders rise to power and explain S31 a bit more and of course Tales of the mid rim and what happened to Thrawn

and the final story..will be set about a hundred and eighty years in the future

don't worry guys I'm not dead or retired

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:21 am

I was planning on doing this in a week or so but rereading Fluid power..and new terror and the Riddik and James rivalry as motivated me

thanks guys! Hope you enjoy Klingon and Joker gonna brawl with a god Yoda's story in the past is concluded with an ominous exchange..and Im'pec tells the youngest exterminators a Klingon bed time story

"I know it's not good to carry on a prejudice but I will hate changelings until the day I die! Any one who has a problem with that can go into the galactic holonet and search information on how the founders killed so many of my friends" - unknown storm trooper

"really it was Commodore Krevin that got us out of that nightmare, devious and unconventional and a man after the Rams own heart: in the end it was his actions that saved us all after Chomell fell" quote attributed to Senator Morlin "our story" Tales of the mid rim

Kashyyyk -

Jes Gistang had seen much in her short career fighting for the empire, she’d seen rebel soldiers fight senselessly in a rundown building battling for ideals that had long since become obsolete, fighting with obscene defiance until their weapons gave out. She’d seen these same people run madly into the jaws of death charging them only to be savagely gunned down She’d seen A human pull a support beam out of his intestines and use the sharp bloodied end to defend a Xeno child in a frantic and desperate rush, she’d seen planet side after an orbital bombardment from an ISD, the screaming and burning masses, the gasping and wounded, she treated the burns of a child who’s flesh melted off at the softest touch of cleaning fluid. She had seen ashen remains of mothers clutching their infants shielding them from a nuclear holocaust. She had seen so much done in the name of her emperor that she question what side she was, she had questioned humanity. She questioned her own many, many times waking up in a cold white sweat after seeing the multitudes of the dead, dead by her hands. She’d seen it all but nothing had ever disturbed her so much she’d question her faith.

Then she saw a Founder a living god rip its way out of a lab technician and then savagely decapitated a Wookie child before moving as a gigantic blob of tendrils and blood towards her commander and this out of town Xeno commander. She was terrified, she felt like a little girl again the memory of curiously wandering into a cave as a child on her home world and seeing in the deep darkness cold glowing eyes, the vicious stair of a harmless fruit bat but one that engraved the meaning of fear on her very soul when it flew out of the cave in agitated frenzy after she loudly screamed and startled it. She felt her hands shake, her trigger finger slip and she was about to run, she wanted to run, she was still a scared little girl running fearful from the cave screaming for her father. She felt this way until she saw Hardcase glare at the monster and pull up his blaster rifle and open fire. Until she saw Toq rally the Wookies who along with the Klingon let out a loud defiant roar that reverberated across the land scape echoing like thunder. She felt her fear fade replaced by courage and anger, anger at herself for being so cowardly anger at the foolish would be god for murdering so many of her fellow troopers anger at Hardcase for getting them all into this mess. Quickly her heavy blaster unloaded fire arching towards the mass of murder and it seemed to wail loudly until it lashed out towards her a tendril ripping into her suit. She vomited up blood and winced as she felt her lower intestines twist then ruptures in multiple places. She stumbled and clutched her injury and looked up at the creature before it whipped her into a crate. Anson who saw the gruff and grim women who had basically protected him through his first battles go down let out a hoarse scream of rage before he took off towards the entity.

“Give up you pathetic slab of meat!” came the roar from a face that took the form the good scientists face only rotten and bloody gnashed with gore and half falling off. Toq laughed and opened fire with his own blaster which caused the creature to roar in agony “Are you a fool as well as crazy changeling” he asked with a defiant scowl “You are no god” he said

“And you are no Kahless!!!” the rage filled roar accompanied by awful splitting sounds as the monster form transformed into that of a massive Dragon like creature. Toq laughed “no, but that will not change my destiny” he said his disruptor clicked to its highest setting unleashed green hell at the monster, a portion of its flesh was blown completely off vaporized, the creature roared as it began to turn back into a founder, Hardcase realized that a sickly gray blue like wound formed where Toq had shot him and then gestured to his men which began ruthlessly firing in that particular spot.

Churba

There was a human rock ballad from the early twenty first century that Im’pec had heard broadcasted fleet wide during one battle a few years ago, by Commander Wildstar, he tried to recall the lyrics. Ah yes “Here to the blaze I wander” he grinned “Through this black night I ponder” “the edge of our mighty swords did clash, fallen by our axes helmet smashed! “

He grinned as he hummed the tune, as he watched the boring mop up operation take place before his eyes. The battle had been brief and terrible and he was less interested in the finale as he was in the part that he had sadly missed, which was the beginning. Still Im’pec was no fool and living around Alexander had taught him to look beneath even the deepest layers, he was sure after doing this, that while they were taken genuinely off guard that it was because of sabotage. But that Sabotage likely didn’t happen without external knowledge and he realized in that moment that Vi’retess had used this treachery to expose him and his men and in doing so give him a better clue on what to begin to expect. It was exactly as Alexander had predicted this enemy was incredibly dangerous.

“Dahar Master ‘the voice came from behind and Im’pec turned to see a young warrior address him “We are being called by the human war leader” he said unwilling to call Thanagar by his proper title. Im’pec sighed (though it sounded more like a growl) and stood up towering over the youth “Then you are wasting our time by not putting me through “he snapped

Aboard the command Vessel Thanagar watched as the holographic communication system the Klingons used projected a very life like hologram onto the command bridge of his vessel. Im’pec looked around and nodded appraisingly “Much better view then on my ship” he said “but too mechanical too much like an ancient fictional story” he laughed Thanagar grinned “it aint like I asked ya here for yer’ opinions of my decoration” he said. Im’pec nodded “I have spoken with your Grand Admiral Guylos”

Thanagar smirked of course he’d dig up some lunatic like this, he attracted crazy people. “And what did he say?”
“That I would enjoy watching your antics in the mid rim” Im’pec said “that you are a brawler who lays his enemies low and leaves them broken and wondering what foolish whim made them enrage such a dangerous foe?’ he said with a broad smile “So far I am in agreement with him” he said

“Well then we cleaned up the enemies counter attack” he said “but it stinks” he added ‘smells too much like they got set up” he said Im’pec appraised the man much like him, he doubted if any one saw him and figured intelligence was there. “Ah yes?” he asked Thanagar nodded ‘but that aint it either, someone else is running game on you, on me and on the entire operation and I’, betting it’s preach’n on of a bitch”

Im’pec grinned, oh yes fighting with this man was going to be glorious. “So what do you propose do about it” he paused adding “Grand Admiral?”

Thanagar smirked “hit that bastard till he stops breathing” he said with a very deep menacing voice. Im’pec smiled nodding in approval “but first” Thanagar said “while our ships are repaired we’re going to get drunk again!”
Im’pec nodded laughing “sweet wine is a great pleasure! Come Thanagar let us drink until the gods themselves look upon us with envy!!”

Seven centuries ago

Yoda stood on the rocks watching as the slaves made their way slowly and unsurely into the various republic security vessels. He slowly sat down on the rocks, for two centuries now he had been a servant of the Jedi order for fifty years he had been a master and in that time he had dedicated himself to the service of order and justice. Yoda would have prided himself on that fact had he not abstained from pride, it was why it made his realization was haunting. He watched the purple robed preacher as he spoke with the prisoners his tone uplifting and warning his ideals noble and he seemed to truly reach them he doubted they’d ever get out of prison but while within they would likely become dedicated and positive forces. The man who stood before him was old despite looking so young, he had centuries of experience he was sure of it the way he spoke how he acted was all incredibly calculated and yet flowed out so easily. If he was the servant of these gods he was no doubt one of their best, he served them well.

That was what troubled him; Yoda stood up and walked forward toward the preacher who finished as the guards began to lead them up to the craft he gestured so that the other Jedi would fall back or move around the main facility. “Wild eyed you are now” Yoda observed and Vi’retess turned looking down at him “ah yes? You can tell so easily?” Yoda nodded “but hide it well you do, first of your species to enter the stars?” he asked Vi’retess smiled down at the little mystic, clever little one he thought you suspect but you do not fully see it yet. “Of these stars yes” he said in a conceding tone. Yoda eyed him it was a leap but he had said that in a manner that seemed far off he hid it well but Yoda realized what he had betrayed. He didn’t believe it though this man may have just been mad? But still ‘ooohh from another Galaxy you are” he said. Vi’retess eyes flickered for the faintest of seconds an emotion Yoda wasn’t quite sure if it was anticipation or surprise but there it was and there it went very quickly. “Yes” he said finally bowing clever little dwarf, dangerous little paladin he thought. “But my people are far from here and I was sent mostly to observe the state of the stars here” he said in a very honest tone. Yoda could sense no deceit from him but inwardly smiled. What a clever and dangerous man this was! Of course most Jedi would focus on the words said the truth in them, it was the way most entities gave away lies but in matters of state the truth mattered more when what was left said was taken in. Yoda made the connection in that moment. Yes head of state this being definitely gave an aura of a leader and for him to be here? A scout. Yoda took a deep breath it was clear to him that what stood before him now was the antithesis perhaps even more so than the Sith of everything the Jedi order stood for. This one believed in order and justice but it was an extreme that bordered on parody, where the Jedi fought for the freedom of others in order and justice these entities imposed it fought fanatically to maintain it but did so for a very dark reason.

Yoda stood tensed lightly and looked into his eyes “Return home you will” he said. Vi’retess smiled warmly he was genuinely surprised and seemed to be happy for it. At last perhaps a rival? No he looked hard into Yoda and saw something else. The seeds of arrogance and complacency his stunning vision would fade and that actually saddened Vi’retess. Eying him the Vorta smiled “yes” he said “but not because you are commanding me to do so, no but because our time here is ended” he bowed his head and then turned to leave before pausing as the winds began to kick up around them “a word of advice Master Yoda: Never forget your experience here, it is very easy for one great man to spot the threats on the horizon.. But it takes a special kind of man to see that which is in front of face for what it truly is: Do not forget that lest you one day find yourself beside your greatest enemy and be helpless against his works”

Yoda watched him leave the dust blowing by obscuring the white light that seemed to envelope him and take him far from here. Yoda’s eyes narrowed at the warning and he turned to walk off

“Where did Vi’retess go Master Yoda” one little one asked. Yoda looked up at him “far from here little one” he replied “oh” he said sad “forever” Yoda thought about it “Yes” he said hoping

….Kashyyyk present day

Why did she taste iron? Why did everything in her mouth taste like iron? Did someone blow up one of the metal crates? Then she realized what it was, right one of the tendrils of that creature had torn into her stomach through her armor. She reached down and touched feeling a massive hole where muscle once was torn flesh and her own intestines. Common sense in that instant told her to stay down, but then she saw one of Klingons hurled across the floor smashing violently on the floor and then heard the violent roars of some animal as it reeled back stumbling and twitching.

She rose up slowly gripping her massive wound and with blurred vision looked forward. She staged and then felt herself gripped she looked to her side and saw the female Klingon bloody and bracing her “Come on sister’ she said looking at the founder “that is a god, do you not want to kill a god?” she asked the trooper smiled “Joker squad aint gonna let those mid rim heroes get all the glory” she roared and with agony and a hard roar of effort she lifted her massive gun and opened fire spewing plasma bolts at the founder who was beginning to loose coherency. The Klingon women opened fire with bolts of her own.

Hardcase side stepped a sweeping tail and looked over seeing her wounded with the Klingon he nodded “Captain Toq” he called “We have to end this now” he said. Toq tossed aside a dead Klingon that had been ripped completely in half by the monster and grabbing a piece of his rib cage which was on the floor nodding in agreement. He had lost one, the human had several of his men maimed and needing medical attention Toq agreed this had gone on long enough. He placed a photonic grenade on the rib bone and then threw it

The founder in dragon form roared as the errant bone punctured his throat, it laughed silly little things did it think it could kill it that easily? Slowly it prepared to belch fire only to find the photonic torpedo detonating. The creature’s entire upper half was vaporized instantly the lower part split in tone. Toq looked on as the Jokers and Klingons wasted no time pumping it with weapons fire until it exploded into violent flaming rocks.

Toq grinned and threw his head back and let out a loud and violent roar up the heavens his men joined him and soon Hardcase found even the most wounded of the jokers were joining in the savage display of victory.

Churba- same time

“So then!! With rain falling all around me! With lightening striking the ancient walls I brought my blade down and split the Traitor in half!” he said with a loud proclamation he turned eying the arrayed imperial officers and Klingons and the fighter squadron known as the exterminators. “And there as our civil war drew to a close we sat honoring the fallen and feasted on our enemies heart” he said grinning widely.

There was clapping and cheers, farm girl watched the story her eyes wide the Klingon was a noble hero like out of the old stories. He served his lords whose families had been dishonored and betrayed by this wicked house Duras and then they plunged this empire of warriors into a brutal fight for one man’s vanity she was captivated by the tales and listened quietly when her wing mates flinched or cringed or laughed at a funny part. To her this was why she signed up in the imperial flight academy why she lied about her age! Darkness was on the Galaxies doorstep and she had wanted to fight it, wanted to be part of the great story even if it was just a small part.

Thanagar listened to the tale with the same intensity but for a different reason, it revealed much about their culture and their enemies it told him a story of a race that had perhaps gained high technology at the wrong time but had despite this created an empire through war and duty. He liked these people immensely but he also knew they could potentially be a disastrous enemy. “When we finally breach their main territory” he said “we will eat the heart of Vi’retess together” Thanagar said ‘raw from his still beating chest” he said holding up some brandy.

Im’pec set his own goblet down and grinned his grizzly face and nodded “never have I fought a Vorta so cunning and deadly! Had he fought in our war it would have been much different “he said in a low growl “I will enjoy his defeat and the taste of his warm blood down my throat” he said

Thanagar stood up and pulled up his goblet “Then here and now I Grand Admiral Thanagar the Ram of the Empire Declare a crusade against the Dominion! With a force of vigor to match the barbarian Crusaders who seek to impose their false religion” he grinned “I’ll skull Feth my way through Dominion space who’s with me!” he roared

Hundreds of imperial officers stood roaring back and Im’pec nodded rising “and I Im’pec the silver handed shall be by your side Ram UNTIL THE LIVING GODS ARE COSMIC DUST” he roared his voice echoing across the palace

Haserian sector

Commodore Hertz sat with Aryas and Cronus they observed the star maps taken from the Dominion facilities and took measure of their territory and how it matched up with their own assumptions. Hertz frowned the rate of construction was alarming and had begun to surpass imperial projections, had they begun this Reconquista but a week or more later this system would have been all but impossible to breach with the forces open to him and he doubted even their Grand Admiral could have done it

He eyed the different maps and defensive capabilities and thought about it, he knew where the hammer could fall next. “be prepared in two days we are going to hit the Trax Sector I want the Deysum system under imperial control within fifteen hours of arriving we’re going to establish a beach head there and take that entire sector back” he said firmly “without any help’ he added

Cronus looked at him “glory?” he asked Hertz shook his head “recognition the Xenocorps has fought hard and bravely but they won’t win over prejudice by playing second fiddle to the Rams antics” he said Aryas frowned and Hertz shook his head “I like Thanagar I would lay my life down for him before I would the emperor it isn’t about that it’s about what they need”

“it will be the Rams birthday in a week it would make a good present” Cronus said rising up “come Aryas we must prepare our men” he said to the younger though senior officer who nodded and stood up “with your permission commodore?”

Dismissed” Hertz said smiling

Churba-

Thanagar walked towards the food and ripped a piece of meat from the leg of some cooking animal and turned back it was getting late Cushion and farm girl had fallen asleep in the arms of a very gray haired Klingon who was snoring now along with the little ones. Big Boy was passed out in a stupor in the rear a women lying with him. Maniac and Iceman watched as the large behemoth of a Klingon cracked his wounded body and stood pacing to get blood flow back in massive legs “this cannot be the total sum of your forces yes?”

Thanagar shook his head “nah there are I think twenty intact battle groups that made it out of the initial blitz alive that are unaccounted for and should be maybe two hundred escort craft and smaller battle cruises extra that survived” he said “mostly raiding doing insurgency type tactics” he said “many soldiers went underground too” Jaxor said from his position on the wall he was barely able to speak coherently from the food and drink. Vindiz nodded “went insurgent too” he added

Im’pec nodded “pick a few imperial officers and I will send one of my birds of prey with them to find your missing men” Thanagar nodded “I’d be in your debt”

“Pay me back with a glorious battle not a paltry raid” he grinned fire in his eyes and Thanagar growled with a devil like smirk “what do you have in mind Dahar Master?”

Im’pec took out a holographic projector and showed the diagram of Thory Prime a system conquered early in the invasion it had been built up into a massive fortress world, defense systems close to six hundred Dominion ships present including eighty some of their cruisers. Thanagar grinned “Now that is a prize! Destroy that and we can cripple their production “he said ‘but we can’t do it I’d need the entire fleet and then some” he said. Im’pec eyed him “could your forces fight the picket forces and the stations whilst our forces handle the defense plat forms and the planet itself?” he asked

Thanagar turned and eyed him “you can do that” ‘my vessel was designed to be able a mobile siege platform a fleet killer and more” he said grinning though what he didn’t say was that it was designed to fight the Federation not the Founders and it would likely be quite a spectacle when as a result. Thanagar grinned “then it’s agreed”

“In twelve hours we burn the Thory system to the ground” Im’pec said nodding. Thanagar nodded “I’ve always wanted to know if gods could feel fear”
Last edited by Admiral Breetai on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:16 pm

Admiral Breetia wrote:“Here to the blaze I wander” he grinned “Through this black night I ponder” “the edge of our mighty swords did clash, fallen by our axes helmet smashed! “
You can not imagine my grin when reading that.

It was also good to see Krevin is still winning people over and influencing them. :)

Can't wait for Thanagar and Im’pec to bring down the Thory system.

But most of all its good to have you back. May you keep writing UNTIL THE LIVING GODS ARE COSMIC DUST! ;)

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:14 pm

Glorious, as ever...

You updates were sorely missed... :)

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:50 am

I'm at an impasse here Enterprise, Preao and sonof I have to ask..khas you too..you are going to get some serious awesome from The Ram and the Silver hand God slayer I mean that's inevitable - and yeah more man of war lyrics by Im'pec

but while this is happening? Would you guys like to see some of the following

1, Imperial news network pundits dissing Vi'retess and "lying" about the Dominion until the old vorta gets fed up and decides to challenge them to a debate

2, more personal history of the Federation guys? I've got a mental picture of a fight between Gul Macet some of his renegade forces and Wildstar and Rainbird it involves the line "I'd tell you to go blow yourself but with your species neck I'm not sure it's possible"

3, a glory style siege of a Dominion fortress by the Xenocrops as they desperately try and prove to the Galaxy that they are equal to humans

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:09 am

4. All of the above.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:43 am

Khas wrote:4. All of the above.
we got one vote

i like that option

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:53 am

I second Khas's vote... :)

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:06 pm

Option 1. Imperial News! Through after the schooling our beloved Emperor gave the twisted Preacher I highly doubt he'd risk further humilation before the Galactic population.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:18 pm

Praeothmin wrote:
I second Khas's vote... :)
alrighty then all of the above is looking to be the winner
sonofccn wrote:Option 1. Imperial News! Through after the schooling our beloved Emperor gave the twisted Preacher I highly doubt he'd risk further humilation before the Galactic population.
ah yes..the day that someone called Palpy out on Alderaan to his face..

I still like his response I thought it was the worse line I came up with but in hindsight was kinda funny.