LMAO@SpaceBattles!

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
User1663
Padawan

Re: LMAO@SpaceBattles!

Post by User1663 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:21 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote:We talk about other people's lives, shoes, makeup, random gossip and we exchange pictures when hanging out. We can't help. :D

Fly!
Really now? Because what I'm mostly seeing is people greebling about how the mods from other sites are oppressing them or some such nonsense. It really is fascinating to see you all show your true colours by the way.
Got a point to make or something instead of just coming here and, well, being rude and annoying?
Yes actually. I get extremely irritated when cowardly trolls talk about me behind my back, and I'm calling out this atrociously cowardly behaviour.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:34 am

the atom wrote:SDN's 'debating' practices are abhorrent, and despite what Kor might be whining about I've never said otherwise. That said, bringing up SDN to save face, despite the fact that I neither compared with it nor mentioned it in my post reinforces my point further.

Actually, it doesn't. It's an example of how one group practices in a questionable manner, yet is cheered on by people, while another group is vilified for no good reason, except that they bring up evidence and issues that the other side does not want to hear about because it goes against their beliefs.
Mike DiCenso wrote:SFJN also is hated by SDN and some elements of SBC and the like because here we actually discuss the issues that they'd rather forget exist.
the atom wrote:Actually it's this continuous, dull whine about oppression and conspiracies that seems to get most people. I'm inclined to agree, but I find this behind the scenes sniggering far worse.
What conspiracies are talked about? Is complaining rightly to be called out as conspiracy theories now? How is pointing this out so bad, especially when the people who suppress dissent are in control over the two major boards, and one of them has been throughly documented as carrying out board invasions and other interesting tactics to silence critics?

Calling or implying people to be conspiracy theorists and crack pots is just more of the same Poisoning of the Well we here have come to expect, Atom. So far I've rarely seen where anyone has shown clear evidence on the pro-SDN and SBC part that what we have brought up is actually just whining and blathering. It's easy to dismiss as such, because to actually deal with it is to admit to the problems that still plague those forums.
-Mike

User1663
Padawan

Post by User1663 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:04 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:Actually, it doesn't. It's an example of how one group practices in a questionable manner, yet is cheered on by people, while another group is vilified for no good reason, except that they bring up evidence and issues that the other side does not want to hear about because it goes against their beliefs.
Nobody 'cheers on' SDN members but SDN members. On virtually every other forum I've been to they're regarded as ultra hostile SW wankers to be jeered at, so I don't know where you're getting this idea. SFJ clearly gets a bad rep because of the way you all mope about how the mods favour certain people or franchises rather then putting forward good evidence and/or arguments.
What conspiracies are talked about? Is complaining rightly to be called out as conspiracy theories now? How is pointing this out so bad, especially when the people who suppress dissent are in control over the two major boards, and one of them has been throughly documented as carrying out board invasions and other interesting tactics to silence critics?
'Suppress dissent'? 'Silence critics'? This isn't China. It's bickering between a few debate forums. I don't know about SDN, but on SB you can generally get by if you post good arguments with evidence to back it up, and pretty much every single whiner here has deserved the infraction and/or ban they got.
Calling or implying people to be conspiracy theorists and crack pots is just more of the same Poisoning of the Well we here have come to expect, Atom. So far I've rarely seen where anyone has shown clear evidence on the pro-SDN and SBC part that what we have brought up is actually just whining and blathering. It's easy to dismiss as such, because to actually deal with it is to admit to the problems that still plague those forums. -Mike
Railing on about mod suppression is conspiracy theorizing, which would be excusable if people like Kor or Mith actually backed their arguments up with things like evidence instead of speculation and/or lies. I don't know about here, but generally making shit up and then flaming people who call you on it is a one-way ticket to a free vacation from whatever forum you happen to be posting on.

Nowhereman10
Bridge Officer

Post by Nowhereman10 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:48 am

I'd say he knows what he's talking about. I've experienced this first hand myself on of all places freakin' YouTube, man. The SDNers swarm that place, chanting off the same verbatim stuff from Wong's pages. This isn't a conspiracy, it's a bunch of raging Star Wars nerds who absolutely must be right no matter what, and will do almost whatever it takes to drive off anyone who disagrees with them.

Why does SBC have such in your face pro-Wars mods who have actually banned or warned people, even when those folks have presented clear cut evidence that ICS is wrong or WH40K or whatever isn't that powerful? Why is it that they look the other way consistently when Ricey1 or Leo refuse to pony up, but punish the pro-Trek people for the slightest infractions?

I mean, I'd like you to prove us wrong, but all I see you saying to Mike and everyone is "Nuh Uh, not true!"

Meanwhile this thread alone has gazillions of examples documented. I mean, go look around and pick any one of them.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:45 am

the atom wrote:
'Suppress dissent'? 'Silence critics'? This isn't China. It's bickering between a few debate forums. I don't know about SDN, but on SB you can generally get by if you post good arguments with evidence to back it up.
SB.com BANS PEOPLE for discussing it openly (because doing so would illustrate their bias and favoritism towards certain posters).

They even forbid and give out warnings for mentioning you have reported or threatening to report people (again so no record can be kept and matched up).
and pretty much every single whiner here has deserved the infraction and/or ban they got.
I admit to the things i have done and accept infractions if they are deserved, however that does not change the fact that others in the same thread a lot of times break the rules far more and get fuck all done to them.

This is well documented FACT and what this thread contains and is for.

the atom wrote:
Yes actually. I get extremely irritated when cowardly trolls talk about me behind my back, and I'm calling out this atrociously cowardly behaviour.
I have no problem at all about calling you a lying rancid little cunt who has lied about claims and material in every thread he has polluted.

And who continues to create trek thread after trek thread and after several people post tens to ask the same fucking retarded question "WHY DO TREKKERS KEEP POSTING HIGH END EVENTS WAAAAAAA"...

Railing on about mod suppression is conspiracy theorizing, which would be excusable if people like Kor or Mith actually backed their arguments up with things like evidence instead of speculation and/or lies.

I back up my claims with material (or retract them if i see no point in following the line of discussion AGAIN) it is just that wankers like white rabbit and others are allowed to dismiss that material out of hand then go on to claim none has ever been provided or been "dealt with", its a well known tactic.

I don't know about here, but generally making shit up and then flaming people who call you on it is a one-way ticket to a free vacation from whatever forum you happen to be posting on.
You had best make sure you always have a fucking bag packed and ready then.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:38 pm

Kor, you know the rules here:
I have no problem at all about calling you a lying rancid little cunt who has lied about claims and material in every thread he has polluted.
This is not tolerated, and will be the only warning before you get a warning...

By the way,
the atom wrote:SFJ clearly gets a bad rep because of the way you all mope about how the mods favour certain people or franchises rather then putting forward good evidence and/or arguments.
Really?
You mean, SFJ has gotten a bad reputation by doing a Leo1/White Rabbit/Rama impression?
Because they pretty much always ignore arguments they don't like, flame people as much as they want, and we've yet to see them banned...
Unless you have, you know, proof to the contrary... :)
SB you can generally get by if you post good arguments with evidence to back it up
Really?
Then why hasn't Leo1 been banned yet, since he keeps ignoring facts about ST, making up other facts about SW, and flames people as he wishes...
Railing on about mod suppression is conspiracy theorizing
Except Kor has been documenting what happened in the threads, just as Oragahn had done before, and their "mod suppression" thoeries look very real...

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:46 pm

the atom wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:We talk about other people's lives, shoes, makeup, random gossip and we exchange pictures when hanging out. We can't help. :D

Fly!
Really now? Because what I'm mostly seeing is people greebling about how the mods from other sites are oppressing them or some such nonsense. It really is fascinating to see you all show your true colours by the way.
Considering that you have seen very little and know equally little (your reply to Mike is a perfect demonstration of this), I wonder what gives you the right to speak of my "true colours".
I even wonder why you have such bile.
Got a point to make or something instead of just coming here and, well, being rude and annoying?
Ah?
Like... when?
And, anyway, does it mean that if I have anything to say about you, I must contact you first? Tell me, if you have anything to say about Obama, do you call him first?
So please, just stop those silly mano-macho games and just get to the point instead of trolling this place.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:03 pm

the atom wrote:
Mike DiCenso wrote:Actually, it doesn't. It's an example of how one group practices in a questionable manner, yet is cheered on by people, while another group is vilified for no good reason, except that they bring up evidence and issues that the other side does not want to hear about because it goes against their beliefs.
Nobody 'cheers on' SDN members but SDN members. On virtually every other forum I've been to they're regarded as ultra hostile SW wankers to be jeered at, so I don't know where you're getting this idea. SFJ clearly gets a bad rep because of the way you all mope about how the mods favour certain people or franchises rather then putting forward good evidence and/or arguments.
Mmm... where do they get such bad reputation... oh wait, sure. They get it from SDN and SBC, by the same kind of people who finally manage to infect the minds of newcomers like you, by talking bullshit and pretending this and that about evidence.
This place has good examples of what went on when it comes to dissent, opposition in opinions and evidence.
You know little on these matters.
'Suppress dissent'? 'Silence critics'? This isn't China. It's bickering between a few debate forums. I don't know about SDN,...
It shows, and also explains your ignorance about several things. Why you think you have a right to attack people despite your obvious limited knowledge on this question is quite beyond me.
... but on SB you can generally get by if you post good arguments with evidence to back it up, and pretty much every single whiner here has deserved the infraction and/or ban they got.
That is precisely false, by a large margin. SBC's versus board is simply influenced by two main groups. Pro SW, and pro 40K. The first group got me banned many times several years ago when I attacked the ICS frontally. By now, we see that this amount of bullshit went down and no one safe delusional idiots still go by the ICS and try to defend it.
Warhammed 40000 and some of its very vocal fans still get a free pass. That's largely due to the cohesion of that incisive fan group, and the immense work laid down by Connor. Yet, anytime you'll go through one of his major threads, the most minimal amount of critical thinking will tell you that he was simply full of it. That he has now backpedalled a little on the yields for infantry weapons gets barely noticed, and worst of all, despite the fact that his silly infantry weapon numbers are all over the place and there to remain, questioning of his numbers for 40K's larger assets is not allowed.
But things will probably get to change, for a simple reason. The more people talk about it, the more the opposition gets a voice. It's a slow effect, but it works out.

We almost had the same problem with Halo. Fortunately, Haloites were stopped clear in their tracks. Of course, they had to make a room for themselves between Star Wars and Warhammer 40000, and their short lived encyclopedia almost was a pure ICS moment of glory, before it got nixed. It's impressive, though, the level of hypocrisy there was over there, like how many would bitch about the SMAC's peta/teratons and other silly numbers, yet stay put when it came to SW and 40K. And yet, when we spend the time to look at the evidence, we see that it's not different at all.
But the key word being time, and there's clearly a lot of annoying work to go through to catch up with fans with a huge head start.
Calling or implying people to be conspiracy theorists and crack pots is just more of the same Poisoning of the Well we here have come to expect, Atom. So far I've rarely seen where anyone has shown clear evidence on the pro-SDN and SBC part that what we have brought up is actually just whining and blathering. It's easy to dismiss as such, because to actually deal with it is to admit to the problems that still plague those forums. -Mike
Railing on about mod suppression is conspiracy theorizing, which would be excusable if people like Kor or Mith actually backed their arguments up with things like evidence instead of speculation and/or lies. I don't know about here, but generally making shit up and then flaming people who call you on it is a one-way ticket to a free vacation from whatever forum you happen to be posting on.
Drop the conspiracy nonsense. It's mere group think and mods who just please some members because they can't be arsed to do their job properly, or let their own fanboyish opinions speak when they should, instead, by unbiased. It's largely proven matter. I invite you to read the appropriate threads.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:41 pm

That is precisely false, by a large margin. SBC's versus board is simply influenced by two main groups. Pro SW, and pro 40K. The first group got me banned many times several years ago when I attacked the ICS frontally. By now, we see that this amount of bullshit went down and no one safe delusional idiots still go by the ICS and try to defend it.

Warhammed 40000 and some of its very vocal fans still get a free pass. That's largely due to the cohesion of that incisive fan group, and the immense work laid down by Connor. Yet, anytime you'll go through one of his major threads, the most minimal amount of critical thinking will tell you that he was simply full of it. That he has now backpedalled a little on the yields for infantry weapons gets barely noticed, and worst of all, despite the fact that his silly infantry weapon numbers are all over the place and there to remain, questioning of his numbers for 40K's larger assets is not allowed.

But things will probably get to change, for a simple reason. The more people talk about it, the more the opposition gets a voice. It's a slow effect, but it works out.
This actually^^.

Even i recall the days when even trying to dismiss the ICS wank on SB.com got you a warning or a ban but over the years more people were shown just how full of shit those numbers actually were and the trend in threads now is to dismiss them, although T canon helped a lot.

40k wank is still considered holy ground and even daring point out that a franchise like Trek ect have abilities and firepower for greater using far smaller stuff (nova causing weapons, Genesis device vs cyclonic torps for example) sends the usual suspects into a hate filled frenzy along with their mod supporters.

On that note how big is a cyclonic torp btw as i hear some 40k missiles are as big as buildings or even larger?.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:50 pm

Kor_Dahar_Master wrote: This actually^^.

Even i recall the days when even trying to dismiss the ICS wank on SB.com got you a warning or a ban but over the years more people were shown just how full of shit those numbers actually were and the trend in threads now is to dismiss them, although T canon helped a lot.
If I am not mistaken you've actually registered recently, no?
I've been on SBC since early 2003. You just can't imagine the level of bullshit and bias there was until 2008, when it started to come down to end with that.
40k wank is still considered holy ground and even daring point out that a franchise like Trek ect have abilities and firepower for greater using far smaller stuff (nova causing weapons, Genesis device vs cyclonic torps for example) sends the usual suspects into a hate filled frenzy along with their mod supporters.
In all honesty, the weapon of the week is a tiring plot trick the Trek writers pull too often, BUT the pro 40K side has clearly not refrained itself from doing the same. Notably with the several hundred gigatons Hellfire torpedoes, which is just hypocrisy. We even recently saw Connor thinking that he had made a fine point by proving that he was right and that his numbers were solid and couldn't be criticized because you could also find low figures, even for starship weapons, on the order of megajoules if I'm right (while in fact there's no solid proof that the weapon in question couldn't be a point defense gun).
Why is it honest to keep the spacehulk quote, outdated and written out in the two following editions, and dismiss that one? If you go for outliers and averages, both would even nullify each other (with Prospero Burns' quote being more legit since not removed after several reeditions).
Of course that's not what is going to tear his work apart. The inflationary nature of his work is. It's only through the recent and active and promotional insistence of a bloke like IvanTih that Connor's numbers start to benefit some form advertisement. Even at DakkaDakka those numbers were flailed away with the back of the hand by some posters, and you didn't see a legion of rabid 40Kers charging at such dissent.
On that note how big is a cyclonic torp btw as i hear some 40k missiles are as big as buildings or even larger?.
They can be large. From 30 to 60 meters wide. I'd say large enough to store up whatever exotic explodium is used to cause some very odd effects on the surface of worlds.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:51 am

Rogerd wrote: SWST and Scifi fan are te same person.

In fact Scifi wrote a SW/ST story on SB and got universally slammed for it, even those like Zcienix that werer trying to help him he was rude too.
I remember that fanfic it's pretty telling when even a monstrosity of biased like Leo flinches at your Wars wankfic and calls it terrible
the atom wrote:You people actually have an entire subforum where you bitch and whine about posters from other boards??? This is absolutely pathetic. Take on other people's points directly or shut the fuck up about it. Taking somebody's post to another board so you can sit around with your cronies agreeing with each other about it is fucking cowardice, and there's no other word for it. Lord above, no wonder this place has such a terrible reputation.
U Mad Dawg?
the atom wrote: Yes actually. I get extremely irritated when cowardly trolls talk about me behind my back, and I'm calling out this atrociously cowardly behaviour.
Yeah He mad.. He real mad
Kor_Dahar_Master wrote: You had best make sure you always have a fucking bag packed and ready then.
So who is The Atom? cause he sounds like he has severe issues with you and O

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:10 am

just the idea that he would throw a fit over this thread and swat away comments about how other forums do the same goddamn thing, only five billion times worse, reminds me of the time swst made that thread about how the sfj database was so biased against sw but somehow the sdn wiki was fine, and there's no hypocrisy there, at all.
if it's not swst, it's his second coming in a new form. and eventually he's going to catch oragahn's full attention. guess how that worked out in the long run for the first swst, atom?

just in case you're open to suggestions for when that happens, oragahn, i'd like to note that if you were to decide to debate on the likely size of the atom's genitalia, you might find something to use in his chosen name. indeed, that may even be the reason he chose said name. NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:18 am

In Atoms Defense, he is no where near on the same level as swst. Atom attempts to debate within some code of conduct, and has yet to post fanart as evidence as far as I'm aware.

Comparing anyone to SWST should be considered an insult if they haven't at least tried to pass off artwork in the vs debates.

Furthermore: I believe both he and SWST are posting in the same thread at spacebattles, and I think he doesn't take SWST seriously either.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:27 am

Admiral Breetai wrote:
So who is The Atom? cause he sounds like he has severe issues with you and O
He is a pain in the ass troll from SB.com.

To give you a example we were discussing phasers in a thread and he decided to pipe up regarding the hits from phasers knocking people backwards. I posted a few links to material showing humans and borg being knocked backwards sometimes very violently and after several pages of him saying all those hit were doing was "falling down" he finally admitted he had not watched the links....

He tries to emulate leo1 and others by claiming material has not been provided but when he does he is easily shot down:

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showpost ... tcount=382

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:46 am

mojo wrote:just the idea that he would throw a fit over this thread and swat away comments about how other forums do the same goddamn thing, only five billion times worse, reminds me of the time swst made that thread about how the sfj database was so biased against sw but somehow the sdn wiki was fine, and there's no hypocrisy there, at all.
if it's not swst, it's his second coming in a new form. and eventually he's going to catch oragahn's full attention. guess how that worked out in the long run for the first swst, atom?

just in case you're open to suggestions for when that happens, oragahn, i'd like to note that if you were to decide to debate on the likely size of the atom's genitalia, you might find something to use in his chosen name. indeed, that may even be the reason he chose said name. NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT.
I do indeed have a soft spot for the latest breakthroughs in advanced physics, especially one domain of excellence, focusing on the fundamentals of our reality, i.e. the study of quirks and quarks.
But we shouldn't mix the samples yet. There's no demonstration thus far, that the root subject is identical in both procedures. I noticed some severe variance. Further observation is recommended and would be appreciated, although I consider it accessory at the present time.