What does LFL keep straight between canons?

For all your discussion of canon policies, evidentiary standards, and other meta-debate issues.

Discussion is to remain cordial at all times.
Starship Captain

Re: What does LFL keep straight between canons?

Post by 2046 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:19 pm

Khas wrote:
Admiral Breetai wrote:who's Timothy Jones?
The mother of all trolls. A rabid Trekkie from ASVS' Usenet days, who the entire group, Pro-Trek and Pro-Wars alike, ended up uniting against.
Considering what's said about me and others (including some of you here) by the other side, I sometimes suspect that Timothy Jones was actually perfectly normal.

After all, according to the other side I'm some sort of child-dismembering animal-molesting Great Satan who touches himself to baby pictures of Mike Wong while yelling and screaming and stalking production staffers or somesuch nonsense, and unless I'm mistaken they believe pretty much everyone here has been performing sexual favors upon me so much that I ought to have turned to powder by now from dehydration.

Whereas, in reality, we've seen on multiple occasions that the other side was willing to use all manner of deceptive practices and even offline harassment techniques against foes (including production folks).

And the main ASVS Trekkie that I recall was a fellow who had long given up, so his goal was a long-term stalling action and he thought opinionated Trek supporters who did the whole full-frontal-assault-against-error thing were just messing up his groove, hence his turn against me.

Soooo . . . I'm not saying the guy's normal, but considering the history of the accusers I think more research is indicated.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:05 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote:Nope, SpaceWizard is KSW.
-Mike
It's a pity because at times there are good points from KSW. If we could just have a KSW Lite, it would be nice.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:51 pm

2046 wrote:Soooo . . . I'm not saying the guy's normal, but considering the history of the accusers I think more research is indicated.
Well, that would've been the case, had TJ's brother not come up and provided info about Timothy.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:07 pm

2046 wrote:[

Considering what's said about me and others (including some of you here) by the other side, I sometimes suspect that Timothy Jones was actually perfectly normal.
see this is true and it reaches far more then just sci fi debate boards..hell even on comic forums you had people who drank the SDN cool aid..claiming you among other things..apparently had to be directly told by Paramount that your opinions of canon are wrong or something

after meeting you..the notion that you'd get into a shouting match with such things is amusing
2046 wrote:Whereas, in reality, we've seen on multiple occasions that the other side was willing to use all manner of deceptive practices and even offline harassment techniques against foes (including production folks).

Soooo . . . I'm not saying the guy's normal, but considering the history of the accusers I think more research is indicated.
and no ones pressed charges or sought legal action?

User1601
Bridge Officer

Post by User1601 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:32 pm

2046 wrote:
Khas wrote:
Admiral Breetai wrote:who's Timothy Jones?
The mother of all trolls. A rabid Trekkie from ASVS' Usenet days, who the entire group, Pro-Trek and Pro-Wars alike, ended up uniting against.
Agreed; I have no idea what's up with the hate-mouthed slander and ad-hominem personal attacks and other breaches of ethics and netiquette... not to expect double-standard moderators.