Weird Races?

For all your discussion of canon policies, evidentiary standards, and other meta-debate issues.

Discussion is to remain cordial at all times.
Lucky
Jedi Master

Weird Races?

Post by Lucky » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:36 am

I was just reading through wookiepedia, and I came across the Energizer Bunny page.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Energizer_Bunny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxafIhYFOr0&NR=1

Is this canon?

Does this mean the M&M commercials are canon?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnb_0E2W9lM

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: Weird Races?

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:00 am

No, it's not. Neither of them are canon. If they are, it makes Vader look absolutely pathetic.
-Mike

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:27 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:No, it's not. Neither of them are canon. If they are, it makes Vader look absolutely pathetic.
-Mike
Episode two and Three did that for him. There's no shame in losing to the Bunny, and having giant M&M's as minions is cool.

I don't see anything in the commercials that contradict the movies

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:27 pm

Except little things like Vader using Supervolt batteries in his lightsaber.
-Mike

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:49 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote:Except little things like Vader using Supervolt batteries in his lightsaber.
-Mike
Prove he doesn't... ;-)

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:48 pm

So they invented cortosis just to cover that little secret?

Mmmm... if you scale up those power sources, could they be placed in the core of, say, some moon sized battle station?

EDIT: It just dawned on me that Vader's rage in this commercial makes his famous other rage look ghey.

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:31 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:Except little things like Vader using Supervolt batteries in his lightsaber.
-Mike
Where are we told what brand of power cell Vader uses?

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:17 pm

In the 1994 commercial, Lucky. Look at 23 seconds in, it's Supervolt. If you ment how do we know otherwise, it's contradicted by the C-canon as per the article on Diatium power cells show. Note that the image of a diatium power cell looks nothing like the Supervolt batteries of the commerical. Also in Chapter V, page 78 onwards, Anakin's lightsaber is described as using a single small power cell.
-Mike

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:15 am

this thread is a BRILLIANT troll. my hat's off to you, lucky.

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:27 am

Mike DiCenso wrote: In the 1994 commercial, Lucky. Look at 23 seconds in, it's Supervolt. If you ment how do we know otherwise, it's contradicted by the C-canon as per the article on Diatium power cells show. Note that the image of a diatium power cell looks nothing like the Supervolt batteries of the commerical.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Diatium_power_cell
Since when has C-canon not been self contradictory? It still doesn't make it not canon.
Mike DiCenso wrote: Also in Chapter V, page 78 onwards, Anakin's lightsaber is described as using a single small power cell.
Chapter V page 78 of what?

There would clearly be different designs of power cells after all, and Vader can easily have more then one light saber.

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:31 am

mojo wrote:this thread is a BRILLIANT troll. my hat's off to you, lucky.
Trolling? Doesn't that mean that you are trying to intentionally get people angry? I'm just trying to figure out what the canon level of some often ignored, but very informative sources are.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:07 am

Lucky wrote: Since when has C-canon not been self contradictory? It still doesn't make it not canon.
Then you have to show that the contradiction is so vast that it cannot stand. If diatium cells powering lightsabers is the exception, please show that that is the case.
Lucky wrote: Chapter V page 78 of what?

There would clearly be different designs of power cells after all, and Vader can easily have more then one light saber.
Sorry, of the ANH novelization. Anakin's blue lightsaber which is given to Luke. Why would Vader make such a significant change when he had something that worked pretty well?
-Mike

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:09 am

Lucky wrote:
Trolling? Doesn't that mean that you are trying to intentionally get people angry? I'm just trying to figure out what the canon level of some often ignored, but very informative sources are.
LOL!
-Mike

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:13 am

Lucky wrote: Since when has C-canon not been self contradictory? It still doesn't make it not canon.
Mike DiCenso wrote:Then you have to show that the contradiction is so vast that it cannot stand. If diatium cells powering lightsabers is the exception, please show that that is the case.
Super-Volt is just a brand, and seemingly low quality one at that.
Lucky wrote: Chapter V page 78 of what?

Mike DiCenso wrote: Sorry, of the ANH novelization. Anakin's blue lightsaber which is given to Luke. Why would Vader make such a significant change when he had something that worked pretty well?
-Mike
How does: the Empire was trying to save money to pay for the Death Stars sound?

Well since the light saber Vader uses is not the same one Luke was given then there could be a large number of differences beyond the brand of power cell used. Diatium cells would be a type of battery, but not a brand name.
Last edited by Lucky on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:19 am

Lucky wrote: Trolling? Doesn't that mean that you are trying to intentionally get people angry? I'm just trying to figure out what the canon level of some often ignored, but very informative sources are.
Mike DiCenso wrote:LOL!
-Mike
I suppose you could also add trying to find something to trot out incase someone wants to use the EU just to show how silly it is.

Am I misunderstanding what the term troll means?