The EU Admits to Being Parallel in Print

For all your discussion of canon policies, evidentiary standards, and other meta-debate issues.

Discussion is to remain cordial at all times.
Khas
Starship Captain

Re: The EU Admits to Being Parallel in Print

Post by Khas » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:10 am

It's not the fact that there are divinities that I find stupid. It's the divinities in question.

The Sun King:

The Leaf Queen:

The Snow King:

The Flower Queen:

And they needed something called the "Season Scepter" to change Endor's seasons. I DESPERATELY wish I was making this up.

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:12 pm

Khas wrote:I'm just going by what the most recent update of Wookieepedia says. It said that the novels are G-Canon, but anything that the author just makes up is C-Canon. I don't get it either.
It means that things taken straight from the movie - things that, consequently, can be verified by watching the movie (or, I presume, reading the script) - are G-canon, and anything that author threw in is C-canon.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:08 pm

That's the way I understand it as well...

Starship Captain

Post by 2046 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:48 am

I am very sad I missed out on the canon discussion and sodomy.

I still have no clue how the quote can be confused realistically. The second paragraph is damning. The third paragraph opens with the "happened" line which segues us into a line about EU continuity. There is no self-contradiction or clever undercutting of Lucas here, just an acknowledgement of the dual canons without explicitly calling them such.