Implications for Star Wars Canon after Disney Buyout

For all your discussion of canon policies, evidentiary standards, and other meta-debate issues.

Discussion is to remain cordial at all times.
Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Re: Implications for Star Wars Canon after Disney Buyout

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:19 pm

Well, unlike mojo, I'm a man, and so I won't worry too much until I actually see Dracula, or the Bus, and then I'll destroy them both in a manly fashion... :)

As for recasting, I already said what I thought about it...
Cocytus wrote:I smell starring roles for Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber, and Miley Cyrus.
You will rot in Hell... :)

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:49 am

Cocytus wrote:
mojo wrote:am i really the only person here who thinks recasting luke and the gang would be a catastrophically bad decision?

if they do it, i will.. PEE ALL OVER MY PANTS, AND THEN WHO'S GOING TO LOOK STUPID? you will WISH i did not eat all that asparagus.

also, praeo, dracula called and he said he's coming over to your house tonight and i said okay.
I smell starring roles for Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber, and Miley Cyrus.

Oh, and Mojo? What's gotten into you. You put fertilizer on your balls last night? I gotta tell you, your mouth is reeeeeaaaly writing some checks that your cup can't cash.
Mr. Oragahn wrote:Modern sissy Dracula or old style one?
It's not Dracula. Dracula is dead and buried in Memphis. Praeothmin needs to be on the lookout for the Bus. The Bus of the Undead. Lubricated with 10W blood. Be sure to check the wheels, because those are the markings.
but the bus IS dracula's ghost! and just to give praeo a HINT of warning, the vampire bus doesn't only appear at night. in fact, it's more apt to turn up in THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY, because the bus of the undead is actually a REVERSE vampire. they crave the sun. they love it! where do reverse vampires come from, you ask? idiot. tansylvania.

fans are getting so rare these days, cocytus. coming across someone else who can identify quotes AND quote verbatim is like a once-a-decade occurrence. have you seen any of the new version, aqua something you know whatever? my god, the episode that shows meatwad's comic book in animated little kid art was FUCKING HILARIOUS.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:53 am

adult swim's original shows used to be the most clever, fresh, insane stuff on tv. now it's metalocalypse and reruns of family guy. space ghost coast 2 coast, the brak show, sealab 2021 (captain murphy episodes), the venture brothers' first two seasons.. i would give body parts for new episodes of those shows.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:11 am

sorry about flying off on a tangent there, mike.

having been inspired by cocytus' recognition of my blatant plagiarism, i will now return to the topic of the thread and give my own opinion in web-comic form. i believe that a disney created star wars will be recast by using incomprehensible gimmicks to explain the change in appearance, as shown here:

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:00 am

We can only pray the real Episode VII is at least half as cool as that, whatever Disney/Lucasfilm decides to do.
-Mike

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:53 pm

Let me throw a couple of ideas here:
-Steven Seagal as a Sith Master;

-Chuck Norris's beard as the new Head of the Jedi Conclave;

-Jean-Claude Van Damne's spinning kick as the new Planet-busting weapon;

-Ah-Nuld's accent as a new alien language;

:)

Cocytus
Jedi Knight

Post by Cocytus » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:28 pm

Praeothmin wrote:Let me throw a couple of ideas here:
-Steven Seagal as a Sith Master;

-Chuck Norris's beard as the new Head of the Jedi Conclave;

-Jean-Claude Van Damne's spinning kick as the new Planet-busting weapon;

-Ah-Nuld's accent as a new alien language;

:)
Sylvester Stallone and Armande Assante and Jedi and Sith, respectively.

YOU BETRAYED THE FOOOOOOOOOOOOORRCE
mojo wrote:fans are getting so rare these days, cocytus. coming across someone else who can identify quotes AND quote verbatim is like a once-a-decade occurrence. have you seen any of the new version, aqua something you know whatever? my god, the episode that shows meatwad's comic book in animated little kid art was FUCKING HILARIOUS.
I don't have cable, nor do I watch much TV, so I'll either grab it off the net or just buy the boxset. I do wish they'd bring back SG C2C, or at least release the rest of the damn episodes on DVD.

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:02 am

Cocytus wrote: It's not Dracula. Dracula is dead and buried in Memphis. Praeothmin needs to be on the lookout for the Bus. The Bus of the Undead. Lubricated with 10W blood. Be sure to check the wheels, because those are the markings.
mojo wrote: but the bus IS dracula's ghost! and just to give praeo a HINT of warning, the vampire bus doesn't only appear at night. in fact, it's more apt to turn up in THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY, because the bus of the undead is actually a REVERSE vampire. they crave the sun. they love it! where do reverse vampires come from, you ask? idiot. tansylvania.

fans are getting so rare these days, cocytus. coming across someone else who can identify quotes AND quote verbatim is like a once-a-decade occurrence. have you seen any of the new version, aqua something you know whatever? my god, the episode that shows meatwad's comic book in animated little kid art was FUCKING HILARIOUS.
And the bus is working with the The RAND Corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people, are forcing our parents to go to bed early in a fiendish plot to eliminate the meal of dinner.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:52 am

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:42 pm

You know what?
I'd accept Selena Gomez as Leia, and the other two as well, as long as the story changes and both men get killed in a gruesome fashion within 5 minutes of the movie's beginning... :)
Oh, and Leia gets naked... :)

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:46 pm

Selena actually works in that pic as Princess Leia. The other two... ugh.
-Mike

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:12 am

i don't think i want to see selena gomez naked, particularly. isn't she the girl from those ramona movies? ugh.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:55 pm

Selena Gomez now, in 2012...

And you don't think she's cute?

Of course, she could be Leia too... :)

On second thought, while I still have blood flowing to my brain, let her be Leia in my fantasy SW... :)
Last edited by Praeothmin on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Starship Captain

Post by 2046 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:03 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote:
Any word from RSA btw?
I've commented a bit at @canonwars on Twitter.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:37 am

Do you mind sharing that commentary here for the benefit of those who don't use twitter?
-Mike