Jedi Master Spock, post your education credentials

For all your discussion of canon policies, evidentiary standards, and other meta-debate issues.

Discussion is to remain cordial at all times.
Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Re: Jedi Master Spock, post your education credentials

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:15 pm

While these (very old and oft mentioned points) about Mike Wong seem very valid, please cut down on the vitriol...
Just relate the facts and your analyses without insulting him, okay?
Thanks.

KirkSkyWalker
Jedi Knight

Post by KirkSkyWalker » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:04 am

We could just say he's a menace to the vs debate, as well as to society in general-- but where's the fun in that?

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:42 am

Society in general? Thats a little ridiculous, don't you think?

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:22 pm

Not to mention totally inaccurate...

So no, we couldn't say that... :)

KirkSkyWalker
Jedi Knight

Post by KirkSkyWalker » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:50 am

So you don't consider unlawful acts of coercion as a "menace--" that explains your views on canon as well.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:07 am

KirkSkywalker wrote:So you don't consider unlawful acts of coercion as a "menace--" that explains your views on canon as well.
What "unlawful acts of coercion" are you talking about?

And what the heck does my view on canon have anything to do with me not being paranoiac about Mike Wong? O_O

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:51 am

Absolutely nothing. But this guy seems to think things tie into SW and SDN that don't.

KirkSkyWalker
Jedi Knight

Post by KirkSkyWalker » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:45 pm

The Dude wrote:Absolutely nothing. But this guy seems to think things tie into SW and SDN that don't.
Is your name "KirkSkywalker?" Didn't think so-- not that it's ever stopped you from popping in your nosey 2-cents worth where it's not invited or wanted.
Just leave; you have never had anything constructive to contribute, and rotten couch-potatoes aren't allowed to critique.
Praeothmin wrote:
KirkSkywalker wrote:So you don't consider unlawful acts of coercion as a "menace--" that explains your views on canon as well.
What "unlawful acts of coercion" are you talking about?
Defamation, invasion of privacy and conspiracy, for starters. And yes, I went to law school; unless you did also, don't answer back.
And what the heck does my view on canon have anything to do with me not being paranoiac about Mike Wong? O_O
I never said you weren't paranoiac about Mike Wong, and indeed I'd never accuse you of not being paranoiac-- particularly since "paranoiac" isn't even a word.
I simply mean that your views on canon, as with those on someone being a menace, are simply averse to the official definitions-- being extremely liberal takes on both.

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:31 pm

Nice to see that you learned absolutely nothing from your ban.

But hey, want to back some of this up:
Defamation, invasion of privacy and conspiracy, for starters. And yes, I went to law school; unless you did also, don't answer back.
With examples?

KirkSkyWalker
Jedi Knight

Post by KirkSkyWalker » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:37 pm

Keep typing, entropists say you'll eventually write the works of shakespeare.
(Watch that fly right over his head... it's small enough).

However you just revealed the fact that you've got some love-in going with the mods, otherwise you wouldn't even know about a ban.... I always knew this board, despite its huge "white hat" of "neutrality," was just another one of those troll-havens where you're all related, and anyone who's not in the clan gets banned... just like SDN.

No wonder it sucks as much ass.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:28 pm

KirkSkywalker wrote:Keep typing, entropists say you'll eventually write the works of shakespeare.

However you just revealed the fact that you've got some love-in going with the mods, otherwise you wouldn't even know about a ban....
What the...
Stop being silly. Bans aren't anything secret here. Mods even announce them here or in the thread which warranted the ban.
I always knew this board, despite its huge "white hat" of "neutrality," was just another one of those troll-havens where you're all related, and anyone who's not in the clan gets banned... just like SDN.

You get banned because you're needlessly obnoxious and aggressive, and often crossing the line of trolling. It wouldn't take a genius to get the point of a ban, and you just manage to piss mods off.
Stop whining.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:40 pm

KirkSkywalker wrote:Defamation, invasion of privacy and conspiracy, for starters. And yes, I went to law school; unless you did also, don't answer back.
I will, anyways, because your studies probably told you I have the right to do so...
What examples of Defamation do you have from MW?
And you still haven't provided these "unlawful acts of coercion" he's allegedly perpetrated...
And, he conspired to do what, exactly?
I never said you weren't paranoiac about Mike Wong, and indeed I'd never accuse you of not being paranoiac-- particularly since "paranoiac" isn't even a word.
You are right, I've used the french word (paranoiaque) with english synthax, when I wanted to use the word "paranoid".
And since I'm not the one who considers MW a "menace to society in general", keeps posting comments about his sex life and how it makes him a bad person/parent, I'm definitely not the one who's paranoid...
I simply mean that your views on canon, as with those on someone being a menace, are simply averse to the official definitions-- being extremely liberal takes on both.
Except in the case of Canon, my views are backed up by people actually working with GL.
Are you going to tell us you work with him too, now?

And I'd say that because I don't consider an internet "persona" a menace to society, this shows I'm a bit more level-headed then some people...

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:53 pm

KirkSkywalker wrote:Keep typing, entropists say you'll eventually write the works of shakespeare.

However you just revealed the fact that you've got some love-in going with the mods, otherwise you wouldn't even know about a ban.... I always knew this board, despite its huge "white hat" of "neutrality," was just another one of those troll-havens where you're all related, and anyone who's not in the clan gets banned... just like SDN.

So that would be a "no" then. Ahh well, its not like it would have been anything new.

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:57 pm

Hey Praeothmin, seeing as I'm "in" with the mods (all one of them), you wanna meet up for a trip to the range and some wobbly pops?

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:15 pm

The Dude wrote:Hey Praeothmin, seeing as I'm "in" with the mods (all one of them), you wanna meet up for a trip to the range and some wobbly pops?
Yeah, sure, let's see when JMS is available, and we can even go down to Mexico for some Cervezas... ;)