General Warning Tally for users...

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:16 am

Good luck dealing with the troll.
Each single reply he types couldn't be more absurd. Not silly absurd, but simply inhuman absurd. Just no logic in even the merest attempt at debating and reaching some seemingly sincere conclusion. There's a void there.
There has not been a single concession from him I can remember. No kidding.
Show me one single concession against me.
Every bit he quotes, he manages to pull the most unexpected, silly and inadequate reply one could expect.

Simply put, either he'll look like he didn't understand what you say, or put a red herring, or lie, say that he's right by claiming that a fact agrees with him, that you're wrong, or he'll reboot everything, that you didn't provide evidence, use strawmen, etc.

Really, each single line he posts couldn't be further away from a correct reply. Any moderately well seasoned debater would at least be expected to make some concession, agree or at least reply correctly.
He's against all probabilities.
There's not a single line in his posts of late that even look like he's willing to pay attention or capable of some sense of logic.

Simply put, and as mojo demonstrated although mojo -sorry dude- clearly lacks skills in this department, if one wanted to troll, there's simply no better way it could be done.

So, mods, let me be straight.
When are you going to wake up?
Do you think absolute free speech is worth that?
Is it how down this board has taken before it gets sufficiently obvious?

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:41 am

no but this is obvious and overt trolling at this point I mean who the fuck makes such an obvious insult thread,.and to do it after you've been destroyed in debates? it's very clear he's not interested in arguing any more.

I honestly believe SWST to be a young person who probably had a terrible time defending his views in vs debate boards until he stumbled on SDN parroting every argument wong and his crusaders have ever made probably made him impressive in what ever little backwater forum he hailed from and emboldened he takes the fight to us for what ever reasons who knows maybe he was a youtube commentator that got trampled. What ever point is the sheer rage and insecure knee jerk rappid fire troll posting he does when you ask him to stop puppeting or dare accuse Sidious of being shit compared to Exar kun (which he is btw) or how after being ignored and repeatedly censored his blatant misconduct he creates his little fanfiction thread

your a troll SWST or your crazy the blatant lies the complete ignoring of other peoples posts the outrageous accusations and your weird little fetish for me and Mike and the fact that your willfully hiding behind the staff while spitting in their face is..especially fucked up

you should apologize and leave the board mature and come back

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:34 am

It is pretty obvious he is trying to force a comparison to this board and SDN with his arguments and accusations, the fact he would have been banned long ago on SDN he seems to have ignored.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:09 am

Jedi Master Spock wrote:
mojo wrote:this post is not a new form of trolling. in no way should the reader of this post take every single thing i have said here and then consider the exact opposite to be the actual meaning. as in, for instance, the following sentence - SWST is my favorite member of the board and it would break my heart to see him warned, banned, or jammed feet-first into a woodchipper.
Mojo, I may hand out the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think there's any doubt as to how your post is intended.
that's fine with me, as long as your conclusion is that i have come to appreciate swst for the sterling debater he is and that we are now friends who support each other in every facet of life, including the debate. i offer as evidence of this the fact that i invited him to come to my birthday party IN THIS VERY THREAD.
that disclaimer clearly states that i have no ill will toward swst. i know it must seem like our friendship came out of nowhere. that's why i included that disclaimer, so that people would not get confused and suspicious of my sudden support for my best friend ever. i am known be a troll here, and i was concerned that my sudden turnaround would be viewed as just another trolling attempt. if you were to read it again, you would find that i was trying to explain that it was NOT.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:37 am

Admiral Breetai wrote:that's not a new form of trolling at all it's a very old one

and I LOL'd hard but c'mon mojo the last thing every one wants is for you to take another dive trying to bring this troll down
what are you talking about? how is 'being loyal to a friend who has convinced me that his arguments are all true and that every opposing viewpoint is totally, completely false' a ban-worthy offense? since when has 'participating in a debate using my beliefs and evidence to offer support to someone who has identical beliefs' been a ban-worthy offense? i have done nothing wrong. i mean no harm to anyone. i am participating in a (mostly) civil manner. i am not being rude. i maintain that i believe every comment i made in that post, and even if i didn't (which i am not saying) it would be virtually impossible to prove that i do not.
did you see the disclaimer? i don't understand where the confusion is coming from. am i not allowed to find a new BEST FRIEND EVER and immediately change my mind about everything that we once disagreed on and become his most ardent supporter? i haven't seen that rule!

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:55 am

all I know is that between this guys recent antics and JMS calling a spade a spade I've discovered all sensibility has fled this place and I have only have one recourse left to me

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:57 pm

The friend of my enemy is not my cousin, but most likely my archenemy.

StarWarsStarTrek
Starship Captain

Post by StarWarsStarTrek » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:46 pm

Breetai, you need to improve your reading comprehension and critical thinking skills. I did not deny that Mike gave him a warning; I was saying that Mike did so reluctantly and made a highly sympathetic post to Mr. O, despite the fact that nothing Mr. O did was in the least bit sympathetic.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:52 pm

StarWarsStarTrek wrote:Breetai, you need to improve your reading comprehension and critical thinking skills. I did not deny that Mike gave him a warning; I was saying that Mike did so reluctantly and made a highly sympathetic post to Mr. O, despite the fact that nothing Mr. O did was in the least bit sympathetic.
no, son now sit back and learn from a pro for once: your claims of biased are rendered absolutely moot due to the mere fact that mike did his job and punished both parties..the fact that you claim he did it "reluctantly" not only reaffirms this forums lack of moderator biased but reinforces it to a high degree- because at the end of the day by your own ignorant and trollish implications no less..despite it all he still did what needed to be done- no matter what he felt

simply out your crying and you have no leg to stand on..

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:03 am

i agree totally with everything swst said in his recent statements and will defend those statements vociferously, although to be quite frank i did not have the willpower to read them. it's hard to fit reading time in when you spend the whole day barbecuing in the back yard with your new BEST FRIEND EVER. where do you find the time, swst? did you use your cell phone or something? those steaks were pretty good though, eh?

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:21 pm

Ease off, Mojo.
-Mike

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:31 pm

Kor_Dahar_Master wrote:It is pretty obvious he is trying to force a comparison to this board and SDN with his arguments and accusations, the fact he would have been banned long ago on SDN he seems to have ignored.
As I've mentioned before, more pro-Trek have been warned and banned in the now nearly 8 months SWST has been here than he/she ever has. For a comparison, Robert Scott Anderson, aka Darkstar did not last 7 months on the pro-Wars moderated SBC board before being permabanned. I can't access any SDN poster profile of his to provide a comparison there, but based on the experiances other folks have had, I can't imagine them tolerating anyone, especially a pro-Trek person who behaved the same way, for that long.
-Mike

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:32 pm

hey so like when he gonna get banned for flaming Preaon and calling him a "silly little hypocrit" and for telling O to go fornicate himself

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:48 pm

I took the weekend off, Breetai. What thread does that occur in? Remember Mister Oragahn's example, so provide the links please!
-Mike

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:58 pm

That would be here... :)