General Warning Tally for users...

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by Praeothmin » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:49 pm

Airlocke, please tell this to mojo from me:
"While I found the Mod warning thread funny, I did not find the rest funny, and I can understand Mike's frustration at something he told you he didn't find funny the first time you did it: stories about him and such...
Please think of the way others may find this stuff before you actualy post it..."

Thanks.

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Airlocke_Jedi_Knight » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:29 am

Another message from MoJo.

congratulations, mike, you just banned my 13 year old son nick. i assure you that nick is not a puppet of any kind. you're thinking of pinocchio.
NICK: the fairy said that if i can prove death note is best she'll turn me into a real boy!
ME: ...LOLWUT

seriously though, if i were going to try to use a sockpuppet to get around my ban, don't you think i would have known better than to use a preexisting account which shares my ip?! wouldn't i register a new account while hiding behind an anonymous proxy, as i did with this one?

here is my facebook page -
http://www.facebook.com/MistuhMoJo

and here is nick's facebook page -
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001088360590

if you look at the photo pages on both accounts you'll find pictures of me on his page and pictures of him on my page and pictures of us together all over the place.

i was perfectly content to serve out my ban without further comment, but come on. don't punish nick for my actions.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:57 am

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight wrote:Another message from MoJo.

congratulations, mike, you just banned my 13 year old son nick. i assure you that nick is not a puppet of any kind. you're thinking of pinocchio.
NICK: the fairy said that if i can prove death note is best she'll turn me into a real boy!
ME: ...LOLWUT

seriously though, if i were going to try to use a sockpuppet to get around my ban, don't you think i would have known better than to use a preexisting account which shares my ip?! wouldn't i register a new account while hiding behind an anonymous proxy, as i did with this one?

here is my facebook page -
http://www.facebook.com/MistuhMoJo

and here is nick's facebook page -
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001088360590

if you look at the photo pages on both accounts you'll find pictures of me on his page and pictures of him on my page and pictures of us together all over the place.

i was perfectly content to serve out my ban without further comment, but come on. don't punish nick for my actions.
The point is, sockpuppets accounts are frowned upon. And your grudge against Mike has really reached absurd levels. All in all, even if I wanted to defend you, I couldn't deny the fact that since your arrival here, your contributions have been less than stellar. Perhaps this is an obscure annoying place, but I think I wouldn't be wrong in saying that it wasn't intended for any trolling and trouble of any sort.

Besides, I'm glad Mike has finally decided to argue in favour of condemning SWST with the sanction of a long overdue permaban.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:56 pm

Uh huh. Yeah, this is getting really bizarre now. Whether it's Mojo or his son, or his pet dog. Mojo ultimately is responsible for the behavior of all members of their household. No one in the SocksockJedi account I recently banned, made any attempt to separate or identify themselves as anyone other than Mojo. Also, that message came with a rather tasteless graphic in mockery of Mr. Oragahn. So even if it was your son, you are still responsible for that, assuming that you weren't attempting to login via your kid's account, which I find reprehensible to say the least.

And you know what's really sad about this? Mojo actually started off fairly well way back when he first arrived here:

http://www.starfleetjedi.net/forum/sear ... &start=765

Now go through his posts over the years and see how it's slowly gone downhill. There's a clear pattern here. It is almost as though it's not even the same person anymore.
-Mike

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:44 pm

Mojo didn't really seem to lose it until KSW and SWST started running rampant. My guess is that he might have been trying to provoke the staff into action, rather than let those two continue wanking and stirring things up.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:06 pm

The situation was being dealt with at the time, and KSW as you know got banned big time. SWST is getting banned multiple times now and as per the rules, if he reaches a one year ban, then comes back and does something again, he can most certainly be permabanned. If not, the next best thing is he goes away for two years or more.

That being said, Mojo's behavior is still inexcusable, and serves little value. In fact, it causes great harm since it distracts the now lone moderator's attention towards him, rather than to the actual problem at hand. For me there's a much simpler solution to the problem he presents, regardless of what anyone thinks or likes about it.
-Mike

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:12 pm

I'm not condoning his behavior. I'm just saying that there might have been a method to that madness.

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:09 pm

Khas wrote:I'm not condoning his behavior. I'm just saying that there might have been a method to that madness.
I'm not saying he wasn't but he was told to knock it off and yet he persisted running the risk of punishment. I mean I'm not happy Mojo got "fragged" but Mike acted well within his rights. Mojo was pushing him, and seemed to push more the more Mike warned him to behave, and he responded accordingly to maintain order.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:27 pm

Khas wrote:I'm not condoning his behavior. I'm just saying that there might have been a method to that madness.
There was, and I'm disgusted at the fact that, according to Mike, "SWST is getting banned multiple times now and as per the rules, if he reaches a one year ban, then comes back and does something again, he can most certainly be permabanned. If not, the next best thing is he goes away for two years or more."

So I guess that the parmaban is off, and that in a couple months, we'll have to deal with the crap again. Why the heck have the community go through that shit, on and on? SWST was essentially and continuously banned for trolling and dishonest debating for pete's sake! It's not like he was banned for a few insults which wouldn't change much to the quality of the arguments.

I'm baffled that so few here seem to get the massive ridiculousness of ever thinking that a guy that keeps being banned for lowering the quality of this forum would actually be willing to improve it.

Mojo may have not snapped like he did, and I couldn't condemn him and others for that considering that an obvious trolls was given too much leeway. That said, Mojo went overboard... still, a permaban may be too harsh, give him one more chance, but just one then...
Last edited by Mr. Oragahn on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:39 pm

I'm agreeing with Mr. O. SWST couldn't debate honestly if he was smacked in the face with the instructions on how to.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:13 pm

Remember Mojo's post.
Do you really think that when opening a thread to read it, he could easily force himself to skip the lies posted by SWST?

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:37 am

Let me make it clear. The disciplinary rules, as they are set down by JMS state that someone must do something after a one year ban before they qualify for a permaban, other circumstances may mitigate or otherwise result in a permaban before that. What I point out is that one way or the other, if JMS is following his own rules, SWST will be dealt with.

However before then, I have put a request to JMS well before that limit since I believe that SWST, and now sadly Mojo have crossed the line. So I've asked equally that they be permabanned.
-Mike

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:51 am

Our (Mr. Oragahn and myself) main complaint isn't that Mojo was banned. Mojo went overboard and deserved punishment. It's that it took so long for SWST, who was perhaps the most useless poster to ever grace this board, to get permabanned. It took more than a year of him being one of the most dishonest debaters I've ever seen to get this result, when he should have been banned the moment he used that Photoshopped piece of fanart in a debate.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:57 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:Let me make it clear. The disciplinary rules, as they are set down by JMS state that someone must do something after a one year ban before they qualify for a permaban, other circumstances may mitigate or otherwise result in a permaban before that. What I point out is that one way or the other, if JMS is following his own rules, SWST will be dealt with.
The problem.
If it were me, he'd be history by then, and we wouldn't have had several active members here snapping as a result of the insane leeway given to a troll.
Not everyone here is a cold sociopath. Some people are more hot blooded than others.
However before then, I have put a request to JMS well before that limit since I believe that SWST, and now sadly Mojo have crossed the line. So I've asked equally that they be permabanned.
-Mike
So it's in standby. OK.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:44 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:The problem.
If it were me, he'd be history by then, and we wouldn't have had several active members here snapping as a result of the insane leeway given to a troll.
Not everyone here is a cold sociopath. Some people are more hot blooded than others.
Ease off. You know damn well I don't make the rules. If you were in my position, you'd probably have just two choices: either quit like Praeo did as a mod when JMS reverses your rulings, or you can stick it out and try and find a way to make it stick as I have done. I have to work within the rules, otherwise everything gets overruled. So far my way is working, abeit slower than we'd all like.

This all would have been a lot easier, if SWST had acted more like KSW and now Mojo, but that's unfortunately not the case.

I understand why JMS tried to set up rules like he did. To prevent mob mentality against a pro-Wars or other debater who's views were contrary to the group, and thus reduce SFJN to SDN and SBC levels. The thing is that while the rules are good enough for the KSWs, spambots, and Mojos, they're not really up to snuff for a sweet-talker troll, like SWST who doesn't throw out insults, and seems to try to legitimately debate but is a bit too obstinate for their own good.

But JMS doesn't realize that people here have been extraordinarily tolerant to good SW debaters, like Kane Starkiller. The real difference is that one provides good arguements and backs it up, or makes a real effort at trying, and the other doesn't.
So it's in standby. OK.
I've done all that I can do for now. But I'm not giving up.
-Mike