General Warning Tally for users...

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Khas
Starship Captain

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by Khas » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:52 pm

It's not the fact that SWST was Pro-Wars that bothered me. Personally, I think we need more honest Pro-Wars debaters here, like The Dude, and Kane. It was, as Mike said, his debating style. SWST smelled like many a creationist to me, willfully ignorant.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:52 pm

Khas wrote:Our (Mr. Oragahn and myself) main complaint isn't that Mojo was banned. Mojo went overboard and deserved punishment. It's that it took so long for SWST, who was perhaps the most useless poster to ever grace this board, to get permabanned. It took more than a year of him being one of the most dishonest debaters I've ever seen to get this result, when he should have been banned the moment he used that Photoshopped piece of fanart in a debate.
Well, that's a hot-blooded reaction, Khas. Understandable, but not warranted since there was still a possibility of that being a simple noob mistake. After all, it was clear that SWST was demonstrating almost no knowledge of Star Trek. That being the case, once it was pointed out and legit examples shown to him, he should have apologized and retracted it. And you know what? We did move to ban him pretty early on, but that's when JMS stepped in and started reducing or reversing our decisions.

That's when I started taking the more long-term tactic of showing that there was a definite pattern of trolling, and this simply wasn't an innocent Warsie getting beat up on by the Trekkie mob. That's what works and that's what I'm sticking with until the rules get reformed.
-Mike

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:08 pm

Khas wrote:It's not the fact that SWST was Pro-Wars that bothered me. Personally, I think we need more honest Pro-Wars debaters here, like The Dude, and Kane. It was, as Mike said, his debating style. SWST smelled like many a creationist to me, willfully ignorant.
Exactly, which is what I was able to finally use to make the bans stick with JMS. Being willfully ignorant is not a defense under the law.
-Mike

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:13 pm

Sorry, been busy lately, and dealing with spambots when able to be here. I'm giving SWST a warning for this:
StarWarsStarTrek wrote:So the answer as to why Warsies and Trekkies disagree is that their methodologies are different. The former strictly adheres to a scientific and logical analysis of both universes, the latter is willing to pull the "it's just a film for pete's sake!" card whenever it suits them.
... In the "I Challenge Darkstar to a Debate" thread this is clear and away flamebait and trolling, which is against the board rules. Especially since no one pro-Trek here would ever seriously claim that, much less hold that position.
-Mike

StarWarsStarTrek
Starship Captain

Post by StarWarsStarTrek » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:36 pm

Oh really?
As I said the last time on the subject yes it is quite small but thats fine for a soft science-fantasy popcorn universe with magic samuris and space cowboys. Quite simply it can only be overruled by equally valid evidence from the universe in question which you have not provided.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:38 pm

That's not the same thing at all. Nice try though.
-Mike

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:03 am

You do realize, Mike, that you could virtually erase all of SWST's posts and the board wouldn't even lose a nut of its original quality of content, right?
Actually, by virtue of concentration, it would recover said quality.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:43 am

I don't have the power to do that as a mod. Not that I'd remove SWST's postings anyway, since even if we quotes them here in this thread or kept them in PM posts, it's important to see them in their proper context so it can't be claimed we're just being soreheads about the whole thing.
-Mike

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:23 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:I don't have the power to do that as a mod. Not that I'd remove SWST's postings anyway, since even if we quotes them here in this thread or kept them in PM posts, it's important to see them in their proper context so it can't be claimed we're just being soreheads about the whole thing.
-Mike
Of course, it would leave a small portion of threads here unreadable, although I doubt that much people would ever want to reread much of this material. But my argument is one of theory in absolutism, a demonstrative simulation which, in the end, I'm fairly sure, would prove me and many others right about the value of SWST.

StarWarsStarTrek
Starship Captain

Post by StarWarsStarTrek » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:22 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote:That's not the same thing at all. Nice try though.
-Mike
Something that is up for debate, and has nothing to do with a violation of forum rules. You don't know how to separate the two, do you?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:52 pm

StarWarsStarTrek wrote:
Mike DiCenso wrote:That's not the same thing at all. Nice try though.
-Mike
Something that is up for debate, and has nothing to do with a violation of forum rules. You don't know how to separate the two, do you?
That's not the same thing at all. Nice try though.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:17 am

I am issuing a second warning to SWST for this:

http://www.starfleetjedi.net/forum/mcp. ... &f=8&r=157

It is a blatent insult and trolling leveled at Mr. Oragahn, which is a clear cut violation of the board rules.
-Mike

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:42 am

I am giving both SWST and Mr. Oragahn warnings for the traded insults here:

http://www.starfleetjedi.net/forum/mcp. ... &f=8&r=158

I expect better than this. Now I have a lot of RL business to attend to and may not be able to post again for a little while, but I do hope you two will conduct yourselves better.
-Mike

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:13 pm

We can't access the "Moderator Report" sections...

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:39 pm

What Mike linked to is located here:

http://www.starfleetjedi.net/forum/view ... 507#p41507