General Warning Tally for users...

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by Admiral Breetai » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:32 pm

mojo wrote: man, that sucks. i'm sorry for my earlier post being so offensive. i sort of thought you were joking.
to be honest you more or less paraphrased the exact reaction of myself and the vet when X-rayed the old fucker..

also has this forum become the real world on us?

StarWarsStarTrek
Starship Captain

Post by StarWarsStarTrek » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:38 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote: This is irrational, not to mention, untrue. Please show where I ignored you in an SW vs ST debate.
No, I'm referring to our "debate" as to my behavior. You are happy to read Mr. O's long posts condemning me, but never bother to read my posts in my defense.

I looked at Mr. Oragahn's evidence, and I sent it on to have JMS review it as well. In either case, you were found in violation of the board rules.
-Mike
I was referring to the "unimaginable amounts of raw power" example, in which Mr. O said that no such quote existed, even when a quick 30 second google search could have verified this.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:56 pm

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:24 pm

Mein Kampf, with a twist, wrote: "But a trolling warsie can never be rescued from his fixed notions.

It was then simple enough to attempt to show them the absurdity of their teaching. Within my small circle I talked to them until my throat ached and my voice grew hoarse. I believed that I could finally convince them of the danger inherent in the Wongist follies. But I only achieved the contrary result. It seemed to me that immediately the disastrous effects of the Wongist Theories and their application in practice became evident, the stronger became their obstinacy.

The more I debated with them the more familiar I became with their argumentative tactics. At the outset they counted upon the stupidity of their opponents, but when they got so entangled that they could not find a way out they played the trick of acting as innocent simpletons. Should they fail, in spite of their tricks of logic, they acted as if they could not understand the counter arguments and bolted away to another field of discussion. They would lay down truisms and platitudes; and, if you accepted these, then they were applied to other problems and matters of an essentially different nature from the original theme. If you faced them with this point they would escape again, and you could not bring them to make any precise statement. Whenever one tried to get a firm grip on any of these apostles one’s hand grasped only jelly and slime which slipped through the fingers and combined again into a solid mass a moment afterwards. If your adversary felt forced to give in to your argument, on account of the observers present, and if you then thought that at last you had gained ground, a surprise was in store for you on the following day. The troll would be utterly oblivious to what had happened the day before, and he would start once again by repeating his former absurdities, as if nothing had happened. Should you become indignant and remind him of yesterday’s defeat, he pretended astonishment and could not remember anything, except that on the previous day he had proved that his statements were correct.

Sometimes I was dumbfounded.

I do not know what amazed me the more – the abundance of their verbiage or the artful way in which they dressed up their falsehoods.

I gradually came to hate them."
:saint:

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:12 pm

that was...golden man!

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:17 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:
Mein Kampf, with a twist, wrote: "But a trolling warsie can never be rescued from his fixed notions.

It was then simple enough to attempt to show them the absurdity of their teaching. Within my small circle I talked to them until my throat ached and my voice grew hoarse. I believed that I could finally convince them of the danger inherent in the Wongist follies. But I only achieved the contrary result. It seemed to me that immediately the disastrous effects of the Wongist Theories and their application in practice became evident, the stronger became their obstinacy.

The more I debated with them the more familiar I became with their argumentative tactics. At the outset they counted upon the stupidity of their opponents, but when they got so entangled that they could not find a way out they played the trick of acting as innocent simpletons. Should they fail, in spite of their tricks of logic, they acted as if they could not understand the counter arguments and bolted away to another field of discussion. They would lay down truisms and platitudes; and, if you accepted these, then they were applied to other problems and matters of an essentially different nature from the original theme. If you faced them with this point they would escape again, and you could not bring them to make any precise statement. Whenever one tried to get a firm grip on any of these apostles one’s hand grasped only jelly and slime which slipped through the fingers and combined again into a solid mass a moment afterwards. If your adversary felt forced to give in to your argument, on account of the observers present, and if you then thought that at last you had gained ground, a surprise was in store for you on the following day. The troll would be utterly oblivious to what had happened the day before, and he would start once again by repeating his former absurdities, as if nothing had happened. Should you become indignant and remind him of yesterday’s defeat, he pretended astonishment and could not remember anything, except that on the previous day he had proved that his statements were correct.

I do not know what amazed me the more – the abundance of their verbiage or the artful way in which they dressed up their falsehoods.

That's great. Where's it from?
-Mike

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:19 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:

That's great. Where's it from?
-Mike
More like when.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:03 pm

SWST = 1 warning for calling mojo an asshole:
So instead of being the asshole that has to explain the obvious, or the style over substance asshole that spends his entire post moaning about how offensive this thread is to Christians, why don't you actually answer the question?
In this thread...

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:30 am

in the same thread

he just said this
StarWarsStarTrek wrote:
now, given that you seem to be asking me to throw my two cents in on the merits of the flying spaghetti monster versus christianity, i will be glad to do so regardless of the fact that you surely are aware of these things already, being at least 50,000 times as smart as i am.
so..
Actually, I am. Which doesn't make me a genius by any means, but the least you can do is to USE CORRECT PUNCTUATION.

pretty sure that's an insult and counts towards flaming also he'd dodging and running from arguments

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:07 pm

Admiral Breetai wrote:in the same thread

he just said this
StarWarsStarTrek wrote:
now, given that you seem to be asking me to throw my two cents in on the merits of the flying spaghetti monster versus christianity, i will be glad to do so regardless of the fact that you surely are aware of these things already, being at least 50,000 times as smart as i am.
so..
Actually, I am. Which doesn't make me a genius by any means, but the least you can do is to USE CORRECT PUNCTUATION.

pretty sure that's an insult and counts towards flaming also he'd dodging and running from arguments
LMAO!1
i don't know, man, i walked right into that one! is it even an insult when you admit to it beforehand?

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:16 pm

SWST = 3 warnings.
The second one for dishonestly shifting the original subject of the thread here:
from SWST's first post-
[quote="SWST]Are there any Christians here? If there are, I would politely request a logical explanation as to how Christianity is a more rationally credible religion than the Flying Spaghetti Monster is. If I were to go theist, I am considering these two religions as the one to go for, and I need help as to which one is the true path to salvation. Thank you.[/quote]

from SWST's last post-
SWST wrote:We're not arguing about a reasonable path to salvation, we're arguing about a believable deity. Both are equally unbelievable, regardless of whether the founders say it's true or say it's false. Again, that goes back the lottery analogy.
And the third is for clearly creating a thread to flame in, since when the original question was answered, he ignored the arguments and evidence presented to him in answer to his original post, and switched his subject in order to continue provoking people in the very same thread...

As usual, you may appeal to JMS if you feel this is unjust...

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:35 pm

I think for some strange reason that SWST was thinking that all or most of us here would be Christians (not that there's anything wrong with that. People can believe what they like.), and that thread would somehow get us all riled up because obviously we're pro-Trek and therefore must be hard-core conservative Christian Fundamentalists. Instead it kind of backfired since the only devout Christian here seems to be General Donner... a pro-Wars camp debater, and he's not a Fundie by any stretch.
-Mike
Last edited by Mike DiCenso on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:20 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote:I think for some strange reason that SWST was thinking that all or most of us here would Christians (not that there's anything wrong with that. People can believe what they like.), and that thread would somehow get us all riled up because obviously we're pro-Trek and therefore must be hard-core conservative Christian Fundamentalists. Instead it kind of backfired since the only devout Christian here seems to be General Donner... a pro-Wars camp debater, and he's not a Fundie by any stretch.
-Mike

It gave me a chuckle dude but then wongites always like to whip out the creationist attack so they can emulate their lord and master and preach his word (gotta love the irony in that if nothing else).

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:16 am

Praeothmin wrote:SWST = 3 warnings.
The second one for dishonestly shifting the original subject of the thread here:
from SWST's first post-
[quote="SWST]Are there any Christians here? If there are, I would politely request a logical explanation as to how Christianity is a more rationally credible religion than the Flying Spaghetti Monster is. If I were to go theist, I am considering these two religions as the one to go for, and I need help as to which one is the true path to salvation. Thank you.
from SWST's last post-
SWST wrote:We're not arguing about a reasonable path to salvation, we're arguing about a believable deity. Both are equally unbelievable, regardless of whether the founders say it's true or say it's false. Again, that goes back the lottery analogy.
And the third is for clearly creating a thread to flame in, since when the original question was answered, he ignored the arguments and evidence presented to him in answer to his original post, and switched his subject in order to continue provoking people in the very same thread...

As usual, you may appeal to JMS if you feel this is unjust...[/quote]

THANK YOU

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:35 pm

Mr. Oragahn = 1 warning for insults:
There's no debate to be had. SWST, just drop the ball and we're done. Give up, you're just being a fool.
You know better, so watch it please.