General Warning Tally for users...

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:17 pm

By his own request:
Praeothmin = 1 warning for flaming SWST in the Hypocrisy at SB.com.
-Mike

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:36 pm

A fourth warning is issued to StarWars StarTrek for ignoring arguments and evidence presented to him in the "List of expanded universe sources incompatible with ICS" thread. Continuously rebooting the Dankayo issue like that is clear dishonesty, which is against the board rules.

Furthermore, although this leads to a temporary ban of one week's duration, I will recommend that JMS review the gathered evidence that SWST is deliberately trolling the board, and that additional discipline steps be taken.

As always, if you feel that the action is too harsh, you may appeal to JMS.
-Mike

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:10 am

I would suggest warning Atom for hostility and seemingly making untrue comments about certain members here. The man is very clearly here to start fights and aggressively go after posters he has a grievance with

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:41 am

After a period of relative quiet, InvaderSkooj gets a warning for trolling in the Humankind Empire Abh vs The Galactic Empire thread with the following:
InvaderSkooj wrote:Which means they should handle the UFP easily. Interesting
As always, if you think this is too harsh a response, please feel free to appeal to Praeothmin or Jedi Master Spock.
-Mike

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:55 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:After a period of relative quiet, InvaderSkooj gets a warning for trolling in the Humankind Empire Abh vs The Galactic Empire thread with the following:
InvaderSkooj wrote:Which means they should handle the UFP easily. Interesting
As always, if you think this is too harsh a response, please feel free to appeal to Praeothmin or Jedi Master Spock.
-Mike
It looks like it's completely off topic for a ABH VS Star Wars. Why is Star Trek being brought up?

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:25 am

Because Skooj is trolling. Quite blatently, in fact.
-Mike

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:58 pm

His last posts are few and far between, and always about trying to bring trouble. Dunno what's gone wrong with him, he wasn't like that before.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:19 pm

SWST, for lying about never having been presented information, and not being able to reply to posts in this thread:
3 Warnings...

StarWarsStarTrek
Starship Captain

Post by StarWarsStarTrek » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:07 pm

Praeothmin wrote:SWST, for lying about never having been presented information, and not being able to reply to posts in this thread:
3 Warnings...
Praeothmin, I invite you to show me one example in which you have rationalized why you expect me to respond to every post made every day directed towards me. You know, I've made this complaint clear several times, and you've never responded to it.

I would also like to point out a very important difference between requesting evidence of X existing and denying that X exists.

This warning smacks of subjectivity. Essentially, you dislike me because you think that I'm a bad debater. Well, what would you do with that, P?

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:59 am

he'd warn you, dipshit!

AHAH

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:13 pm

StarWarsStarTrek wrote:
Praeothmin wrote:SWST, for lying about never having been presented information, and not being able to reply to posts in this thread:
3 Warnings...
Praeothmin, I invite you to show me one example in which you have rationalized why you expect me to respond to every post made every day directed towards me. You know, I've made this complaint clear several times, and you've never responded to it.

I would also like to point out a very important difference between requesting evidence of X existing and denying that X exists.

This warning smacks of subjectivity. Essentially, you dislike me because you think that I'm a bad debater. Well, what would you do with that, P?
And thus we see your hypocrisy at work once again... :)

This was my original remark to sonofccn:
Me wrote:sonofccn, these are all numbers SWST is aware of, as they have been given to him on numerous occasions in previous posts...

Posted here...

Notice how I only say you've been made aware of these numbers many times in the past?

And here's your reply, here:
SWST wrote:I would invite you to present evidence of this. I would also invite you to refudiate the various justifications I have presented for not being able to rebute every last post directed at me, the latest being that my desktop computer's harddrive just died.
The bold part is important, because by requesting evidence of my claim, that you had been presented sonofccn's evidence many times in the past, you were in fact saying I was lying, and that such evidence had never been presented to you, which, as I easily demonstrated later at your insistence, was false...

YOU mentioned the bullshit excuse of your computer dying as a reason for not replying to all the arguments presented, even though you alwasy had more than sufficient time to respond to all of Breetai's posts...

So, in the fact of you lying that evidence was presented to you on many occasions, you are guilty as charged...

And no, I don't like you, SWST, because you are a dishonest Troll, and if I did follow my feelings for you, you would have been banned the moment you reappeared.
But, aside from your obviously trollish first paragraph, you had done nothing wrong, so I simply chose to ignore you...
But then you started spouting the same bullshit arguments over and over again, still ignoring evidence that had presented to you ages ago, and when I piointed that out to sonofccn, you indirectly accused me of lying...
So there, you get warnings...

If you feel I'm being unjust, talk to JMS, because I'm not changing my ruling...

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:35 pm

man, i can't BUY a warning around here anymore. everyone has become jaded to my antics. at this point i think i could do the mojo again and it would just go ignored.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:40 pm

also, all joking aside, it's nice to see a mod with balls, praeo. once again you remind me that not everyone on the staff is content to simply float along nitpicking arguments and blaming others for their own incompetence- I'M LOOKING AT YOU MIKEY.

StarWarsStarTrek
Starship Captain

Post by StarWarsStarTrek » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:11 pm

The bold part is important, because by requesting evidence of my claim, that you had been presented sonofccn's evidence many times in the past, you were in fact saying I was lying
The logic in this is absolutely horrendous, if you don't mind me saying. All intelligible people would request evidence for any relevant claim. Asking for evidence (which I genuinely was not aware of) is not in any way indicative of denying it. A scientist, for example, would request evidence if someone publishes a paper proposes a new scientific theory. This does not mean that he or she denies it or claims that said scientist is lying.
And no, I don't like you, SWST, because you are a dishonest Troll
1. I 'ignore' posts because I don't see them or forget about them, just like you have ignored many of my posts. The difference is that I typically don't pester you about it. "Dishonest" implies that I intentionally do this. I do not.

2. Troll implies that I intentionally argue with you just to mess around, and that I don't believe in half the things I say. This is a ridiculous, and quite frankly unsupported assertion.
But then you started spouting the same bullshit arguments over and over again
More evidence of partiality. My arguments being "bullshit" is not grounds for warnings any more than a president having "bullshit" policies should be grounds for impeachment.

In addition, by this point in the debate, everybody (including you) repeats arguments that have been made over and over again, because in over a decade there is little original to argue, other than perhaps some new source material from the EU that half of you don't even accept and the other half dismiss by saying "oh, it's overriden by [insert argument made "over and over and over again"]".
And thus we see your hypocrisy at work once again... :)
None of the accusations that you precede to level at me have anything to do with "hypocrisy".

However, I have PM'd you and Mike about this. I would appreciate it if we were to stick it to here and PMing, because it's really derailing the Trek/Wars section.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:42 pm

Admiral Breetai receives one warning for an inappropriate response to SWST in the "I challenge darkstar to a debate" for the following:
Admiral Breetai wrote:hey SWST how about you follow this mans advice and shut the fuck up
This comes after multiple unofficial and official warnings to back down.
-Mike