SWST Trolling

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
StarWarsStarTrek
Starship Captain

Re: Challenge: Invade the Star Wars galaxy

Post by StarWarsStarTrek » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:13 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote: Sigh. Here in lies the problem. I understand that real life concerns take precedent over all of this, so I don't care about that. What I do care about is when you do respond, that you at least not pretend like you were being presented the information as though for the very first time ever.
Never do I do that. Or, if I do, it's because I either forgot about older posts mentioning them or they were buried in posts and I never got to read them.

That is dishonesty. And really, go look up our previous Warsie resident extraordinaire, Kane Starkiller. While we all largely disagreed with him, he did at least acknowledge the Trek evidence, and he would also have to deal with multiple opposing debaters. The thing is Kane took time to address the salient points that everyone brought up in one big long post in a thread, and he did not jump around to multiple threads and get in over his head that way.
Name five arguments that I've never addressed, Mike. Please, do so.
Donner rarely argues
Plenty of Trekkies are combative as well. Plenty of them ignore evidence as well. I had compiled a list of evidence pertaining to this over at the warning tally. P argued for me with a little while. Then, he copped out. Something along the lines of "you're a troll, so you have no right to accuse others of trolling".
But this isn't the first time this has been given to you as advice, which is why patience is running thin around here.
-Mike
No, Mike, I made a thread specifically dedicated to presenting evidence to me that had been allegedly ignored. People refused to do so on the grounds of not willing to respost them, yet then eagerly continue to scatter around the board.

I can understand if you get frustrated that I seem to miss some of your posts or whatever. But you can be assured that it is not intentional, not one bit. So please, there's no reason to run around calling me in third person a "troll" that's intentionally lying to mess around with you (do you really believe this bull?).

How about this:

could you PM me, or make a thread posting all of the important arguments that you want me to address and want me to not-ignore? That would be helpful.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:10 am

StarWarsStarTrek wrote:
Mike DiCenso wrote: Sigh. Here in lies the problem. I understand that real life concerns take precedent over all of this, so I don't care about that. What I do care about is when you do respond, that you at least not pretend like you were being presented the information as though for the very first time ever.
Never do I do that. Or, if I do, it's because I either forgot about older posts mentioning them or they were buried in posts and I never got to read them.
Cry me a river. Threads here don't inflate within a week like they tend to do on far more active boards, which you know of, like SBC.
If you post in an active thread you've been following, you're expected to pay attention to evidence. That's the rule.
Because the first thing to do here, when your "real life concerns" are taken care of, is get up to date with what's been said in the thread, if you really intend to look like you care about a real debate, and not just some silly monologue you used us to. Now perhaps could you stop that nonsense of yours and, say, actually address people's points?
That would be so kind of you.
That is dishonesty. And really, go look up our previous Warsie resident extraordinaire, Kane Starkiller. While we all largely disagreed with him, he did at least acknowledge the Trek evidence, and he would also have to deal with multiple opposing debaters. The thing is Kane took time to address the salient points that everyone brought up in one big long post in a thread, and he did not jump around to multiple threads and get in over his head that way.
Name five arguments that I've never addressed, Mike. Please, do so.
Where do we start? The whole Dankayo affair perhaps? I'm quite sure you literally glossed over all the vital elements in it. Or maybe all those elements in the ICS thread pinned up there? And that's for SW, because I'm sure that you're equally at loss on the ST side of things as well. Or should we talk of all your failings I publicly pointed out, your obvious denial of other people's points?
You're not a saint, quite the shit.
I can't even fathom that you've been allowed to return here, so at least if you plan to redeem yourself despite all the evidence of your past sins, you'd better start now and stop complaining about what mods say.
You know, there's very little reason here for mods to say anything about you if you weren't guilty of some wrongdoing of some sort. Drop the act and focus on the debate.

You're certainly not in any position to complain whatsoever, not after all the mess you've provoked here. Besides, It's about time someone tells you to shut up. If you want to debate on fictions-related topics which is this website is about, then debate.
If you want to whine about the so-called unfair treatment you went through, get over it and stay put.
Donner rarely argues
Plenty of Trekkies are combative as well. Plenty of them ignore evidence as well. I had compiled a list of evidence pertaining to this over at the warning tally. P argued for me with a little while. Then, he copped out. Something along the lines of "you're a troll, so you have no right to accuse others of trolling".
Frankly, I doubt your list is of any importance. You're more a nuisance than anything else, and I've seen far more counter argumentation of quality against Trek on SDN and SBC than any of the drek you presented and legitimate reasoning.
But this isn't the first time this has been given to you as advice, which is why patience is running thin around here.
-Mike
No, Mike, I made a thread specifically dedicated to presenting evidence to me that had been allegedly ignored. People refused to do so on the grounds of not willing to respost them, yet then eagerly continue to scatter around the board.
Oh, that thread?
That thread wasn't legitimate to begin with, you troll. It was just another chance at claiming that your little poor boy's argument were not treated with any due respect and that you were absolutely fair about debating.
Fact is, people knew you had like a whole train of arguments to actually catch up with and properly address in their respective threads, which you quietly crawled out of just to reboot the same shit again and again.

I'm going to make it official, because I just can't stand you.

Continue whining like you do, revisiting the past and rewriting history to your liking, and I'll flame your sorry little arse with such passion that the mods will either have to ban me for that, or ban you in order to avoid losing me.

Call what comes next as politics if you want, but I may have to point out that it's not in my habit to pimp my contributions on any board. Nevertheless, I think most people here would rather see you kicked out, than me leaving, and I'm sure the mods wouldn't want to have to be responsible of such a debacle.
I can understand if you get frustrated that I seem to miss some of your posts or whatever. But you can be assured that it is not intentional, not one bit. So please, there's no reason to run around calling me in third person a "troll" that's intentionally lying to mess around with you (do you really believe this bull?).
It is intentional. You've been given enough time to prove that you were a honest to God debater, which you're not. Your troll label has been fully deserved, and it's quite an intolerable affront that you even dare, after all these warnings, returning here to resume your long noisy tirades about how the goddamn world isn't fair with you.
How about this:

could you PM me, or make a thread posting all of the important arguments that you want me to address and want me to not-ignore? That would be helpful.
Are you fucking kidding me? Are you again asking one mod to entertain yourself and do that little silly dance of yours?

If all you're going to do is cry on and on after being caught the hand in the jar, lie after lie, fallacy after fallacy, then you have clearly not learned anything.
If that is really what you have in mind since your return, if you're really that dense or obtuse not to get it, then I say it's about time you shut up or get flushed the fuck out of SFJN.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:53 am

aaaaaaaaaaaand here we go again.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:51 am

mojo wrote:hey SWST, let me save you a little trouble this time, what do you say?
ahem--

StarWarsStarTrek:

"explain how you get to tattoine since clearly there's no way in hell that a federation starship will ever happen upon an inhabited world within 50,000,000 years. oh by the way the star wars universe contains 98,345,734,264,887,423,886,432,135,643,234,778,332,123,567,342 citizens strewn across an entirely mapped out and heavily populated galaxy.
NO THERE IS NO CONTRADICTION!"

and

"explain how the shitty and far inferior star trek computers will ever be able to access information in a star wars computer within 4,000 years. also, wasn't it cool when a fucking fighter maintenance droid was able to hack every single computer in sight straight through the entire star wars saga? man, that must have been one seriously kick-ass little astromech! he was surely filled with programming that allowed him to do that stuff and all kinds of extra rare tech to help as well. what? there's no sign whatsoever that that is the case, even in the eu? you idiots, that's ridiculous, of course we can assume that to be the case because otherwise the computers and computer security in the star wars galaxy would be completely, ridiculously inferior, not to mention the fact that a federation crew who had already gained access to star charts would have absolutely no trouble buying itself a couple of astromechs to set on the problem of star wars computers. INSANITY!"
you know what's really cool? How he complains about mod biased yet they never infracted him for lying about the size of the population of the galaxy or falsely claiming trillions to quadrillions of ships could be brought against the UFP

essentially..he deserves more than enough warnings to get him banned yet he..escapes from them due to..either mods not catching it..or Mike simply not giving a damn and he has the nerve to accuse the staff of being biased?

He should have been permed long ago and while we're at yes..I consider KSW a more valuable member

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:50 am

guys seriously, we've been over it and over it. swst is accepted and excused because THERE IS NO ONE ELSE. this place is a goddamn ghost town without him. mikey referred to sfj as an 'archive' of information. the word 'archive' does not bring to mind a place full of life and energy. it's a goddamn library, a dead-ass source of information.
you can't blame them for bending over if swst continues to do the gentlemanly thing and offer a reach-around.
HOLY FUCK that better bring a warning!

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:55 am

mojo wrote:aaaaaaaaaaaand here we go again.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I wasn't going to let it go. As simple as that. I won't ignore him, just as much as I won't ignore what happened before.
If some want to, fine, your choice ; not mine.
mojo wrote:guys seriously, we've been over it and over it. swst is accepted and excused because THERE IS NO ONE ELSE.
It's not like his contributions make any difference. So why bother?
this place is a goddamn ghost town without him. mikey referred to sfj as an 'archive' of information. the word 'archive' does not bring to mind a place full of life and energy. it's a goddamn library, a dead-ass source of information.
you can't blame them for bending over if swst continues to do the gentlemanly thing and offer a reach-around.
HOLY FUCK that better bring a warning!
Of course that place is very calm. But it has never prevented us from actually producing some content over the years which I deem rather good. We'll never be SBC, that is clear.
But an archive then doesn't aim at being polluted by drivel and repetition of fallacies. It puts quality above all.
I don't see why a troll should get tolerated and given a pass for claims of constant persecution when they're lies and only reboots of defense arguments he has already provided more than a month ago, which got debunked and which resulted in him getting banned.
His repeated lies allow him to paint this place in a way that's dishonest, and he doesn't seem to understand what it means to stop arguing about past moderation. He's the king of reversed accusation. He'll pretend that he pays attention to all arguments. False. He'll say that his opposition is culprit of not doing the same. False again.
We all know that, so why don't they tell SWST to stop arguing about goddamn moderation?
See, he STILL can debate about everything else if he wants to, since he's not permanently banned after all.

Mods should really reconsider his case and allow him debate under the provision that he never argues moderation, past, present and future.

Contrary to other websites, the moderation has been absolutely up front, transparent and open and there is nothing to be ashamed of. It's even been too lenient as far as I'm concerned.

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:26 pm

Admiral Breetai wrote:
mojo wrote:hey SWST, let me save you a little trouble this time, what do you say?
ahem--

StarWarsStarTrek:

"explain how you get to tattoine since clearly there's no way in hell that a federation starship will ever happen upon an inhabited world within 50,000,000 years. oh by the way the star wars universe contains 98,345,734,264,887,423,886,432,135,643,234,778,332,123,567,342 citizens strewn across an entirely mapped out and heavily populated galaxy.
NO THERE IS NO CONTRADICTION!"

and

"explain how the shitty and far inferior star trek computers will ever be able to access information in a star wars computer within 4,000 years. also, wasn't it cool when a fucking fighter maintenance droid was able to hack every single computer in sight straight through the entire star wars saga? man, that must have been one seriously kick-ass little astromech! he was surely filled with programming that allowed him to do that stuff and all kinds of extra rare tech to help as well. what? there's no sign whatsoever that that is the case, even in the eu? you idiots, that's ridiculous, of course we can assume that to be the case because otherwise the computers and computer security in the star wars galaxy would be completely, ridiculously inferior, not to mention the fact that a federation crew who had already gained access to star charts would have absolutely no trouble buying itself a couple of astromechs to set on the problem of star wars computers. INSANITY!"
you know what's really cool? How he complains about mod biased yet they never infracted him for lying about the size of the population of the galaxy or falsely claiming trillions to quadrillions of ships could be brought against the UFP

essentially..he deserves more than enough warnings to get him banned yet he..escapes from them due to..either mods not catching it..or Mike simply not giving a damn and he has the nerve to accuse the staff of being biased?

He should have been permed long ago and while we're at yes..I consider KSW a more valuable member
Was that him using fanmade image of Sector 001 battle as "proof"? Problem with him is that he argues in SWvsST without having knowledge about either, aside from info on SDN.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:33 pm

Just my two cents, for fun:

I will warn AND BAN anyone who breaks the rules, and I don't guive a rat's ass about their "value" to the board...

I'm not the best moderator, and I do sometimes let my feelings show a bit, but I'll be damned if I let anyone get away with something because I value them more than someone else...

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Praeothmin wrote:Just my two cents, for fun:

I will warn AND BAN anyone who breaks the rules, and I don't guive a rat's ass about their "value" to the board...

I'm not the best moderator, and I do sometimes let my feelings show a bit, but I'll be damned if I let anyone get away with something because I value them more than someone else...
I didn't expect less, otherwise you'd be biased. There wasn't even any need to point this out. No need to justify yourself.

StarWarsStarTrek
Starship Captain

Post by StarWarsStarTrek » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Praeothmin wrote:Just my two cents, for fun:

Hey Praeothmin, I would appreciate it if you were to actually bother to address the posts I have made in my defense. Like now, you ignore virtually all of them.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

SWST Trolling

Post by Praeothmin » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:26 pm

SWST receives a fourth warning for continuously denying his behavior, even after evidence is presented, and thus this fourth warning merits him a month long ban...

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by Admiral Breetai » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:55 pm

because I am sure JMS is gonna screw over his own forum again by forsaking quality arguments in favor of politeness and considers us defending this site from trolls "hurr duurr mean bullying" he'll protect SWST again and reverse the ban

so..in light of this in preparation for your eventual return SWST how about you follow this mans advice and shut the fuck up

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:12 pm

Praeothmin wrote:SWST, be careful what you wish for…
SWST wrote:
Praeothmin wrote:
sonofccn, these are all numbers SWST is aware of, as they have been given to him on numerous occasions in previous posts...

I would invite you to present evidence of this. I would also invite you to refudiate the various justifications I have presented for not being able to rebute every last post directed at me, the latest being that my desktop computer's harddrive just died.
While you may not have been able to respond to them all, they were presented to you, and you chose to ignore them.
In fact, you did indeed respond to some, so it seems you decided to cherry pick the evidence you would respond to…

-Warning number one for lying about range info:

You were indeed made aware of ranges of combat, and of your exaggerated ranges based off of Endor here:
http://www.starfleetjedi.net/forum/view ... 939#p32939
When I said:
SWST, where in the video you posted does it show ranges in the hundreds of km?
At what time index can we calculate this, because I've looked at the fight, and at most get 3, 4times the length of the SSD as range, which, if we assume it is 17km long (reasonalbe scaling), means at most 80 km away when the fighters engage each other, but we still don't see the Cap ships fire at each other at these ranges, and these ranges are still far less than DS9 combat ranges, or many other examples in ST, like in "The Search" - 100,000 kilometers is "well within range" of the Jem'Hadar ships' weapons.
There's also:
"Caretaker" - Voyager launches tricobalt devices at a range of ~400 km.

"Ex Post Facto" - Voyager locks phasers shortly before the Numiri ships close to 4,000 km. The Numiri engage tractors at 2,000 km, and Voyager fires at 1,500 km. 40 tons of thalmerite explosives are expected to be able to blow up a Numiri ship.

In "The Swarm," Janeway arms phasers at 100,000 km, and the swarm's range is then reported to be 7,000 km after the phasers are fired.

"Non Sequitor" - while being chased by a Nebula class starship, Harry Kim loses shields while still 5,000 km away.

To which you replied here:
http://www.starfleetjedi.net/forum/view ... nge#p35389

With:
SWST wrote:Excuse me? Weren’t you the one who said that the ranges shown at Endor were hundreds of kilometers, not thousands of kilometers?
Then I said:
No, I said the ranges at Endor were, at most, a few dozens of km when they start off, like this, in this thread:
Then I asked:
:
SWST, where in the video you posted does it show ranges in the hundreds of km?
At what time index can we calculate this, because I've looked at the fight, and at most get 3, 4times the length of the SSD as range, which, if we assume it is 17km long (reasonalbe scaling), means at most 80 km away when the fighters engage each other, but we still don't see the Cap ships fire at each other at these ranges, and these ranges are still far less than DS9 combat ranges, or many other examples in ST,

So no, I don't believe I've said "hundreds of km" for SW range...
Then, you again came back with your “Hundred of Km range” lies here:
http://www.starfleetjedi.net/forum/view ... 299#p35299

Which I again requested proof for:
Prove it...
SWST wrote:Which is superceded by the films, and they contradict The Clone Wars. Therefore, you evidence is rendered invalid, whereas mine are completely fine (the films don't establish maximum ranges).
Nope, since you haven't proven anything...
Movies don't show hundreds of km engagements, and neither does the TCW, which are all above your novel examples... :)
Again, I mention the battles of Chin’toka here:
http://www.starfleetjedi.net/forum/view ... 282#p35282

Which you once more ignored, and continued claiming short ranges using only one example, as you did in SW with the Endor example, always ignoring RotS and TCW…

And then, again, in this thread, you fail to back up any of your claims with hard numbers:
http://www.starfleetjedi.net/forum/view ... 943#p33943

And you never came back with replies except for a minor but inconsequential nitpick…

Here, we again have you claim long ranges while ignoring shorter ones:
http://www.starfleetjedi.net/forum/view ... 171#p33171
SWST wrote:On the contrary, there are plenty of long range Star Wars encounters; the Battle of Endor is on the middle part of the scale. There is an example of a relatively stationary target being hit from across the star system.
Then list them, if they so exist, and I’m sure for each long range example, I’ll find short range ones, like the Battle of Coruscant, all the battles in TCW, like for example:
-“Rising Malevolance”, where Venators fire, and miss, a 2km ship from less than 10km away…
-“Shadow of Malevolance”, where again, ships miss a huge target in the low km range…
-“Storm over Ryloth”, where the engagements, again, are in the low km range…

At least, ST vessels were hitting the Borg cube…
And here’s the list I provided:
http://www.starfleetjedi.net/forum/view ... 149#p33149

which you’ve tried to bullshit your way out of using EU which is disproven by higher canon, such as RotS and TCW:
http://www.starfleetjedi.net/forum/view ... 154#p33154

And now, Warning number two for lying about Firepower:

Here, you ignore the exploding asteroids of TESB for the umpteenth time:
http://www.starfleetjedi.net/forum/view ... 630#p34630

Which means your “lower limits” are even lower than what you envisioned…

Here, you try to use Hyperbole (and pass it off as literal interpretation) from the SW EU to gauge SW firepower:
http://www.starfleetjedi.net/forum/view ... 300#p35300

While refusing use of the same for ST, from Canon info in the show:
http://www.starfleetjedi.net/forum/view ... 326#p35326

Oh, how about Dankayo, where you used the atomized topsoils and drifting atmosphere as evidence of BDZ firepower, but then ignore the evenly cratered surface or the fact that people were actually walking and breathing on said surface after the attack?

Warning number three for lying about speed info:

Here, I show you some speeds calcs and comparisons between SW and ST, and throw your bullshit “SW 20 times faster than ST” out the window since you only used 1 miscalculated incident as a benchmark:
http://www.starfleetjedi.net/forum/view ... 872#p33872

Notably:
As for other SW speeds in higher canon:
AotC:
Amidala takes less than an hour to travel from Tattoine to Geonosis, less than a PARSEC away, so 3.26 LY in one hour is 31,974c.

ANH:
Han claims that he'll have Jabba's money in "three weeks." Thus, from Tattooine to Alderaan (less than 5000 LY) and back cannot take any more than three weeks' round trip. Luke's training takes place entirely within the Tattooine-Alderaan run; thus, at least some hours elapsed on board the Falcon.
Let's be generous and say the trip was done in less then a day, then 1,825,000c.

Setting out to Dantooine immediately before the destruction of Alderaan (Alderaan – Dantooine trip, about 2000 LY, or 2/10th SW Galaxy, in less than 24 hours, speeds over 730 000c) and after the departure of the Falcon, Imperial scouts checked the place before the Falcon arrived.

RotJ:
The Rebel fleet launches from Sullust, "hundreds of light years" from Endor, a scene split between scenes in the early morning Endor time. They arrive during an afternoon.

This is most likely the same afternoon, and Endor's day seems of similar length to Earth's, then the Rebel fleet took roughly 6-12 hours to arrive. The distance to Sullust should be between 200 and 1,000 light years, meaning that the total speed is 400-4,000 light years per day, or 150,000-1,500,000c.
As per the Maps in every source I found, Endor and Sullust are 1/10th of the galaxy diameter away from one another, so 1000 LY is closer to actual number.
So 1000 LY in 12 hours is 730,000c.

So except for the Maul speed, all other high end speeds derived from the movies are closer to a million c, so as I said many times, while I do agree FTL advantage is with SW in known territory, it is far less than 20 times ST speeds, at times not even twice as fast...

As for ST:
-TOS, "That Which Survives": the E-Nil travels 990.7 LY in less than 24 hours equals 361 606c;
-TOS, "Obsession": the E-Nil travels 2000 LY in a round trip in less than 48 hours, or 365 000c;
-ST V: the E-A travels between 17 000 to 25 000 LY in less than 7 hours, or between 21 274 286c and 31 285 714c;
-ST Gen: the E-B travels between 3 LY in less than 3 minutes, or 525 600c;
-TNG, "The Chase": the E-D is expected to travel around 40 000 LY in less than “a few weeks”. If it’s 2 weeks, then 960 000c, but if it’s 4 weeks, then 480 000c. Although Picard, if he had gone to Indri VIII, 30 000LY away, was willing to inconvenience some squabbling delegates for “a few days”;
- TNG, "Where Silence has Lease": While trapped in a special phenomena, the E-D is expected to travel around 1.4 Parsec, 4.564 LY, in less than a minute, or 2 398 838.4c;
- TNG, "The Wounded": the E-D estimated 10 LY in less than 22 minutes at Warp 9, or 239 148c;

So we see how much closer the speed differences are between the two factions...

And you ignored the Hyperspace lanes explanations many times, even though you knew the limits existed, since you so conveniently took it out of this here trollish scenario…

Oh, this is you throwing another bullshit claim in the debate without any thing to back it up, like figures and calcs:
http://www.starfleetjedi.net/forum/view ... 831#p33831

In conclusion, SWST, you are a lying Troll who posted this latest thread with the intention to Troll, as evidenced by your opening statement which was then taken out, and by the fact you again rehash all the old bullshit arguments and pretend never to have been made aware of the rebuttals because of, as you said, “a damaged computer”…

Feel free to show me what episode the Federation amassed its thirty thousand ship fleet on screen at once. I'd really enjoy watching that one.
Well, at least ST did show us multiple times close to hundreds of ships, and then there was the Cardassia battle (Mike, do you still have the picture?)…
But feel free to ignore this as you always do… :)
You see where I'm at? I have no choice any more because you no longer present either Praeo or I one.
-Mike

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by Mike DiCenso » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:15 pm

StarWarsStarTrek wrote: The bold part is important, because by requesting evidence of my claim, that you had been presented sonofccn's evidence many times in the past, you were in fact saying I was lying

The logic in this is absolutely horrendous, if you don't mind me saying. All intelligible people would request evidence for any relevant claim. Asking for evidence (which I genuinely was not aware of) is not in any way indicative of denying it. A scientist, for example, would request evidence if someone publishes a paper proposes a new scientific theory. This does not mean that he or she denies it or claims that said scientist is lying.
Sigh. Even this is a canard on it's own. The issue isn't simply a matter of asking for evidence. Everyone does that. But the issue is denying given evidence; character statements; visual evidence; backstage evidence (where permissable), etc all even when given multiple times in same thread. That is the problem. People sometimes miss something, but with you it seems to be a perpetual habit. The whole issue with super-fast warp speed examples brought up in your latest "Challenge: Invade the Star Wars galaxy" thread is a perfect one.

Even worse is failing to acknowledge previously given evidence rather than argue that evidence. Even worse is the infamous Battle of Wolf 395 fan made pic and the Dominion fan video, which clearly had faked footage spliced in with real footage. When folks point that out to you, you ignored it, even when people were crying at you to read the commentary section of the YouTube video wherein the commentators were discussing which Stargate SG1 and other sci-fi show footage the bombardment scenes came from.
StarWarsStarTrek wrote: 1. I 'ignore' posts because I don't see them or forget about them, just like you have ignored many of my posts. The difference is that I typically don't pester you about it. "Dishonest" implies that I intentionally do this. I do not.

2. Troll implies that I intentionally argue with you just to mess around, and that I don't believe in half the things I say. This is a ridiculous, and quite frankly unsupported assertion.
What do you want people to think when in the same thread you repeat the same tired old arguements over and over without bringing new evidence to the table? That's the problem.

I think the only time you may have brought up something new was the "Slave Ship" ocean-lifting example, even though it turned out later that it was a useless example because no detailed information is given for us to work with in analyzing the event.
StarWarsStarTrek wrote: More evidence of partiality. My arguments being "bullshit" is not grounds for warnings any more than a president having "bullshit" policies should be grounds for impeachment.

In addition, by this point in the debate, everybody (including you) repeats arguments that have been made over and over again, because in over a decade there is little original to argue, other than perhaps some new source material from the EU that half of you don't even accept and the other half dismiss by saying "oh, it's overriden by [insert argument made "over and over and over again"".
When something is debunked, especially in the same thread, that is a problem. Unless you have real evidence to show to back up those arguements, then it becomes an issue. See above.
StarWarsStarTrek wrote: None of the accusations that you precede to level at me have anything to do with "hypocrisy".

However, I have PM'd you and Mike about this. I would appreciate it if we were to stick it to here and PMing, because it's really derailing the Trek/Wars section.
We keep pointing out the issues with you, but you refuse to listen.
-Mike
Last edited by Mike DiCenso on Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:35 pm

@SWST
After looking over your latest post I do not see cause warrented for our discussion to continue. I do not believe anything productive will be accomplished. I thank you for your time and bid you good day.