Warning Update: TheRainKing777 banned.

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Trinoya
Security Officer

Warning Update: TheRainKing777 banned.

Post by Trinoya » Wed May 30, 2012 4:38 am

TheRainKing777 has been banned for absurd abuse of the report system. This came after I warned Mojo to not do this style of activity and it was entirely uncalled for.

Since I am the creative type the ban will last a day for each abuse of the report system. If JMS or Mike want to check my math by all means, but I counted 121 separate reports, meaning the ban will expire Friday, September 28, 2012.

Naturally if anyone feels this ban is unfair, they are free to comment below or appeal to JMS or Mike.

mojo
Starship Captain

Re: Warning Update: TheRainKing777 banned.

Post by mojo » Wed May 30, 2012 10:10 am

Trinoya wrote:TheRainKing777 has been banned for absurd abuse of the report system. This came after I warned Mojo to not do this style of activity and it was entirely uncalled for.

Since I am the creative type the ban will last a day for each abuse of the report system. If JMS or Mike want to check my math by all means, but I counted 121 separate reports, meaning the ban will expire Friday, September 28, 2012.

Naturally if anyone feels this ban is unfair, they are free to comment below or appeal to JMS or Mike.
while i can't argue that 121 reports in one thread is not clear trolling, i resent that you use me as an example of behavior that i have denied and you have not proven. WHERE IS THE SO-CALLED TRANSPARENCY? i'm asking, again, for evidence that i was engaging in abuse of the report system. if it's a privacy issue, i give you permission to post whatever evidence you can come up with, as of now.

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Wed May 30, 2012 12:27 pm

I don't mind specifically providing the reference material for the spam warnings. I specifically refer to the warnings I gave you here:

http://starfleetjedi.net/forum/viewtopi ... 867#p42867

For abusing the report system in this thread:

http://starfleetjedi.net/forum/viewtopi ... =11&t=3455

As seen here:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/36/reportsh.png/

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Thu May 31, 2012 5:13 am

so, what you're saying is that 2 reports of two EXTREMELY rude posts is 'spamming'. the fact that i tried to inject a little levity into reports showing humorous abuse seems totally okay by me, but if it is not, perhaps telling me that would have made more sense. 2 reports, in a thread with two (admittedly humorous) abusive posts is spamming? i really DID want to be able to continue my humorous thread without further hijacking. if that got lost in my attempt to also be funny, you have my apologies.