More details on Xeelee and Culture

For any and all other discussion, i.e., not relating to Star Wars or Star Trek or standards of evidence. A reminder: Don't spam, don't flame, and stay reasonable.
WhiteLion
Padawan

More details on Xeelee and Culture

Post by WhiteLion » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:59 pm

Hi everyone, I am intrigued by these two series (actually Xeelee should be a breed but I don't know which series), I read a bit of plot but I can't find photos and descriptions of the respective spaceships. Would anyone know how to give me some more info about it?

Sothis
Bridge Officer

Re: More details on Xeelee and Culture

Post by Sothis » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:27 pm

Hmm, tried a quick Google search for Xeelee but I'm not familiar with them or the Culture, so getting a bearing for what their ships look like is beyond me. I know the Culture are meant to be freakishly powerful, on a level that's beyond crazy.

Khas
Starship Captain

Re: More details on Xeelee and Culture

Post by Khas » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:15 pm

And the Xeelee make the Culture look STONE AGE in comparison. Some of the things those guys have.....

- Starfighters that can blow up stars.
- Time travel that makes what the Time Lords have look pathetic - to the point that the Xeelee in the future are in routine contact with the Xeelee in the past.
- Mastery over baryonic matter to such a degree that they routinely disassemble entire galaxies to build their mega-structures. One of which was the Great Attractor, which in the Xeelee-verse, is really a giant ring that's being used to distort space-time to create a fuck-huge portal into another universe.
- Oh, and speaking of fucking with galaxies, they routinely lob those galaxies at their enemies, Gurren Lagann-style.

And that's just what I can remember....